Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery issue

Options
  • 21-08-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I ordered a Pc Case from a uk eTailer. The order was placed 3 weeks ago and the product was out of stock. This did not bother me as i dont mind waiting. The price of the case was 200£ and delivery was 20£. so 220£ inc vat.
    They had said it would be back in stock on the 10th of augast but we got a email saying the order had been delayed. No problems i though, this type of thing happens. I rang them last thursday, and they said they are having the order delivered on friday just gone. And it will be shipped the same day, and i would be to expect it on tuesday/wednesday. This was fine with me. No hassle like.

But today i got this email:

Your order has been completed and is ready for despatch.As stated on the website, for orders delivered to Ireland the carriage charge is likely to be more than originally quoted due to sub-contracting courier charges The correct carriage charge on your order to ship to Ireland is £40+VAT, a further £30.07 + VAT. Please reply to this email and let me know if we can go ahead with this and we will do so immediately. Note: Please take note if you reply to this email after 1400hrs, your order will only be despatch the next working day. Thank you Kind regards azuraScan Computers.

Now is this legal? I have checked their website, and there is nothing on it about extra delivery charges, 2 of them as you can see above.

This is all their t&c :

http://www.scan.co.uk/Terms.ASP

My gripe is that they when i spoke to them on the phone last week they did not mention this at all. and now they notify us by email i have to pay 3 delivery fee's ?

Thanks lads.

p,s this is urgent. I would need some advice before 14:00GMT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I wouldn't pay that, I would have ordered from someone else but since you have waited this long chance your arm and ask for a discount and for the record I have never seen a package have to change couriers three times just to get from England to Ireland. (Or from anywhere for that matter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I just spoke to the company now. And who ever wrote the email fecked up. The story is, i paid 20£ delivery, but i should have paid 40£. The 30£ and 40£ is actually 30+ vat = 40. And that will be taken from the 20£ i have already paid. So all i have to pay is 20£. It was a mix-up on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Anti wrote:
    I just spoke to the company now. And who ever wrote the email fecked up. The story is, i paid 20£ delivery, but i should have paid 40£. The 30£ and 40£ is actually 30+ vat = 40. And that will be taken from the 20£ i have already paid. So all i have to pay is 20£. It was a mix-up on their system.

Thats alright than. It sounded really shady in the first post. :P

Advertisement