Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Atlantis: Season 4

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,965 ✭✭✭✭

Premieres on the US Sci-fi Channel on September 17th - so you know what that means :D

Tapping is now set to be the new Commanding Officer of the Atlantis expedition.

Here we go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Friday the 28th of september in america and October 8th on sky1 so there is not much of a gap, the forum should be nice and active

Both set for straight runs with gaps for things like x-mass and thanksgiving.

No word in the amazing Canadain air date yet tho :(

Chances are either Sk1 or Canada will overtake the US airings which will mean many US fans will download which could mean less ratings which could mean no season 5 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,965 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in that case I think Sci Fi would be smart enough to provide the episodes on their website so they can at least generate traffic that way: TBS already does this anyway in the USA.

Our hopes of watching this season straight through are ****ed,

Episode 15 (The Kindred Part II) US Air date has been announced, 29th Fed 2008

It Starts on the 28th or 29th of september, thats 20 weeks to air 15 Episodes, i thought a 2 week gap at x-mass but i guess i was wrong,

Hopefully Canada will do there usual great job 2nd 1/2 of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 81,965 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im not in a rush to watch it straight through anyway - look at this long break we are on now - no sci-fi at all! 1 episode every 2 weeks i say ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah, we really should be weaned off Stargate at this stage.

But seriously, I'm not really in dire anticipation of season 4. Atlantis stopped floating my boat a long time ago.

• Advertisement

na as i said before i think this forum will have its highest activity level because its going to be airing at the same time in US and Sky 1 and season 4 is supposed to be a big change

Every season was a big change.

What made the others big changes, i cant remember, all i can think off is the removal of that guy from the main cast and the introduction of the Deadalus.... and em the intoduction of the replicators

Season 1 was season 1, thne in season 2 they changed the cast, had a sheild, a ship and regular contact with earth, in season 3 they 'introduced' the replicators and killed off a character...and now season 4.

i dont think the introduction of the replicators was that big a change, its like introducing a new gouauld

• Advertisement

And they killed off a character...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yawn. Who's still interesting in this pedestrian pap? Carter was the least interesting SG1 character and her and Rodney arguing in every episode will get boring one ep in. Bring back Vaala I say. And kill off the tall guy with the dreads. Most pointless character in any tv show ever

no ive seen worse charactors. I dont think them argueing will get boring in the first episode, i dont think it will happen all season.

Like Vala.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

LeixlipRed wrote:
    And kill off the tall guy with the dreads. Most pointless character in any tv show ever

Ronin's original character was to be the moody, isolated type. And that didn't really work, but they're giving the Character some dimension, and humour now, and it seems to be working. In the 'Mrs Miller' episode with dual Rodneys, he has a few funny lines, and in 'Sateda', he gives Carson a huge hug to thank him for killing the Wraith Overlord, which is completely out of his normal character.

It's good that the writers are adapting and developing the Characters. I can't wait for Season 4!

Like Vala.....

I Diddnt think Vala was that bad a charactor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

User45701 wrote:
    I Diddnt think Vala was that bad a charactor...

She was a fantastic character. The last two series of SG1 were quite a departure from the previous 8 but the new characters held it together I thought. Anything with less Carter is great. That Tapping woman just can't act at all. Now she's joined the Atlantis cast were Hewlitt overacts and no one else can act so she'll be right at home

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Vala was a farcical character; her introduction was sadly an indicator of how the SG1 writers had given up trying to come up with anything fresh in favour of rehashing old stories and filling up episodes with childish in-jokes.

Well the season 4 photos are up on Gateworld.net.

They look really cool as generic sci fi, but as Stargate, they look really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There are a few preview episodes leaked out (I have heard ¬_¬) but Im refusing to watch them, might aswell wait the couple of weeks and see the full episode.

Looking forward to it being back on the air. Id have liked to see Danial and Vala move to Atlantis, they kept SG1 watchable for the past season or two..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Yeah, episode 1 and 2 of season 4 are appearing across the seedier sides of the net. :)

Edit: from what i hear, it doesnt have much in the way of sound effects, music etc. Very raw feel. Audio not balanced. Not sure about special effects either, but for most people it would be horrible to watch and ruin all the magic.

hmm missing music is like trying to watch something when everyone in the room is talking and your the only person that wants to watch the show, no thanks. If they where propper pre-airs id watch them but no thanks if there missing things. whats the point?

Advertisement