Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a carpet

Options
  • 21-08-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Just moved into a new house and I want to replace the living room carpet. Never bought a carpet before and would just like an idea of what it's likely to cost, including fitting and new underlay. I'm hoping in the region of 250-300 euros (it's rented, the cheaper the better)

Haven't got the tape measure out yet, but the room is about 12 ft x 8 ft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

12x8=96 and normally they sell in sq. yard
    so 96/9=10.66 now if you buy carpet in bargain town cost around 15€
    10.66x15=160€ and they do fitting and underlay is included in their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Slightly off topic, but if it's rented property, have you checked with the landlord that it's ok to replace the existing carpet? Lots of them can be funny about stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Thanks, that's great news. I expected it would be a bit more.

Good point chuckles, but yeah, landlady said it's fine. She's probably delighted I'm happy to pay for it. The old carpet is rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

if it is then she should have to pay for it, tell her you have mould allergies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't think anyone is going to come out and lay a carpet for you for EUR 160, but maybe it's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

wasim21k wrote:
    12x8=96 and normally they sell in sq. yard
    so 96/9=10.66 now if you buy carpet in bargain town cost around 15€
    10.66x15=160€ and they do fitting and underlay is included in their price.

It might be possible to get it done for this price, but in reality I would budget for at least twice this. that is if you want something half decent.
    it might be possible for you to go halves with the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well his budget was from 250 to 300 so he need idea.
    pred racer wrote:
    It might be possible to get it done for this price, but in reality I would budget for at least twice this. that is if you want something half decent.

Advertisement