Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cookstown - What's it like?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all. I will be moving to Cookstown in the next month or so, and was wondering if ye could tell me about the town/area - social life, events etc. I'm 22 and a keen guitar player, is there a music scene?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

all cookstown is : is one big long street.. what in name of god would take you there? ;)

Old Town Inn - if i recall correctly is the place to go to see live bands. The 'black horse' also has live band music and a night club 'clubland' behind it, but its normally full with 18 age olds...

There is also pubs in near by Daperstown ('Blackthorn Bar') and Magherafelt ('Brysons') - which have live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Aye that Bryson's is a good spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 -umbrella-ella-

Jeez what's bringing you to Cookstown?

If you're the kind of guitar playing person I think you are then I think you'd enjoy Brysons in Magherafelt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What a hole a one street town full of munchies.
    You should move to Dungannon, a multi cultural sprawling metroplis:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

brysons (magherafelt) isnt bad but **** that place has got so ****ing expensive, used to be a couple of quid in, now its a least a note saying that it has some decent music go through it. Another thing if memory serves correct avoid the guniess in there.

Cellar bar aka funkers bunker (draperstown) like brysons but better bigger venue more space and cheaper in.

Belfast house (cookstown) a long the main street in the town small enough but does music, last time i was there they had a metal band was free in.

I have a few mates live in cookstown around the 22 mark ill ask them more if u want, what music u into?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Raptor

Thanks for the replies, a few pubs to be seen alright

Got a job in Cookstown so will be here for a year or two. Just moved here on saturday, and so far seems like a nice enough place (of course the fact that there is still a Millennium clock up is a bit odd.....)

J0e, would be listen to a bit of everything - atm AC/DC, Ozzy etc at the moment but any good rock music suits me fine.

Also, I'm looking to rent a room in a house atm, in particular with people in around my age (now 23), so if anyone knows of anywhere that'd be a great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hana-jo

u should buy da mid-ulster mail(newspaper) it has lots of rooms 4 rent etc. in it

Advertisement