Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economy in Ghana

Options
  • 20-08-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Bit of a strange one here now but my GF has been writing to a university student in Ghana. We don't have a lot of money but would like to send her some to help her out through Western Union. We know the Ghanian Cedi is equivalent to about 0.93 UDS$ but we don't really know what the economic situation in the country is, so we could send her, say 100 euro, only to find out that it's only enough to buy a loaf of bread, then again it might be enough to pay her rent for the year!!
    Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭keynesian

ok, the EURO is one of the top curencies in the world. Your talking about
    "Ghana has twice the per capita output of
    the poorer countries in West Africa.
    Even so, Ghana remains heavily dependent
    on international financial and technical
    assistance."
    according to wiki

So yes, your EURO's will go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

Hey HB,

I spent three weeks in Ghana last year. At the time, €1 was worth about 12000C, not sure what it's like at the moment. I was talking to a principal in a school whose monthly wage was C800,000, about €70. €100 for a student would go a very long way. PM me if you've anymore questions!

Advertisement