Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax back from fees

Options
  • 20-08-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Sorry maybe this is the wrong forum but has anybody got tax back from their fees. Is there a particular form to fill in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yes, got mine back, it should be downloadable from your Uni website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Yes, got mine back, it should be downloadable from your Uni website.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

can someone tell me if i get my full postgraduate fees paid for if i am eligible for the HE grant scheme.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You need the IT31 form from www.revenue.ie

Bear in mind its difficult to get them back as you may be inelligible. See the information page http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/it31.htm for further details. I didnt get any of mine back over the last 4 years and I've no idea why despite fullfilling all the criteria and they always give me the runaround when I quiz them on it.

Edit: "Comewatmay": It is possible to get the full annual postgraduate fee paid on your behalf by the HEG but again criteria such as distance from the college and the type of postgrad you undertake factor into how much you may potentially receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Thanks I'll give it a go.

• Advertisement

comewatmay wrote:
    can someone tell me if i get my full postgraduate fees paid for if i am eligible for the HE grant scheme.

thanks

Yes, up to a point.

http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/support_higher.doc?language=EN (DOC)
    CLAUSE 10: PAYMENT OF GRANT
    10.1 The lecture fee grant, payable to grant-holders in accordance with Clause 5 (3.1), shall be paid, subject to the maximum lecture fee approved by the Minister for Education and Science, by the Local Authority to the college concerned on receipt of an invoice from the college for the lecture fee for the grant-holder. This shall be subject to the refund in full of the lecture fee if the grant-holder does not register or take up a place, or is in receipt of assistance towards the lecture fee from any other source.

10.2 Subject to the maximum lecture fee approved by the Minister for Education and Science, no lecture fee grant shall exceed the E.U. rate of fee payable in respect of any approved course.

The maximum fee limit shall apply as follows:
    (i)All Undergraduate courses not approved under the terms of the Free Fees Initiative and
    (ii)all Post-graduate courses: €6,110.

Advertisement