Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief on fees... anyone have a clue?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the percentage of tax return on college fees are? Say the course is 4500, what does that get you back?

Comments

There's some information in my signature about this - the PDF mentions how 'The maximum relief is £1,270 per course.' but this may simply be for the Information Technology and Foreign Language Courses only.

Get onto the people mentioned on this page, they should be able to let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CrazyStraighty

20% is what you can claim back as far as I know, found out when i had to pay me fees last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kommy

tax relief is 20% on fees i.e. you can claim 205 of the fees paid back as a tax rebate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

20%, but they MUST be tuition fees. Registration fees don't count for some strange reason. You can apply on line at www.ros.ie or www.revenue.ie ( goto the self service link)

Advertisement