Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's in?

• 20-08-2007 9:11am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the offers have been sent out today. Who's going to be joining us and what will you be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Me, it's official!! software devlopment, roll on september!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaxoDuff wrote:

Fair play man. Best of luck in the course.

Cheers. I'll probably annoy your head at one stage or another looking for advice/help :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Cheers. I'll probably annoy your head at one stage or another looking for advice/help :D

Feel free. I did the same to some of the other members through out the year.

*adds saxoduff to ignore list* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

SaxoDuff wrote:

you will probably have harte for database, vivian kinsela for programming and fran o regan for maths

• Advertisement

you will probably have harte for database, vivian kinsela for programming and fran o regan for maths

That a good thing or not?!

SaxoDuff wrote:
    That a good thing or not?!

It's generally a good thing. All the lecturers are fairly sound. Don't get on Padraigs bad side though as he's in charge of the placement in third year and you really wouldn't want someone in charge of something like that to hate you. Saying that it's a fairly hard thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

i live in kildare but i failed leaving cert maths, IT sligo is the only place that gave me an offer, so obviously i have to move, whats accomodation prices like down there ?

i live in kildare but i failed leaving cert maths, IT sligo is the only place that gave me an offer, so obviously i have to move, whats accomodation prices like down there ?

Would you be looking for one of the student villages or would a normal house do? The student villages are places like yeats village, clarion village, ard nua and gateway.

I can't find prices for clarion or ard nua on the net but they would be similar to the yeats village pricing. Any one have any ideas? The student villages are generally more expensive than the normal estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

just somewhere cheap, havent accepted my offer yet, just considering it

• Advertisement

Theyre all pretty cheap (well compared to Dublin) if you're entitled to a Maintaince grant. I've got a palce in Ard Nua and its costin me roughly 4k for the year and the rooms are great.

I was going to suggest doing a college search on daft.ie
    but I tried that and it gave me places in coolaney so if you use daft I would make sure that the place is close to the college. Try and get your hands on some of the local papers. You could also try the sligo champion website and see if they have their accomodation up on the internet. Failing that there will be plenty of posters up around the college advertising rooms up for rent. This option may work out cheaper as the landlord could be getting desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i got engineering in mechatronics today!!!!yipeeee!!!!:D!!!its better than the marketing i did up there last year anyway god that was sh*te!!!!cant wait!!me and saxoduff will be living it up in ard nua!!!(i know him btw lol)

flynnser19 wrote:
    i got engineering in mechatronics today!!!!yipeeee!!!!:D!!!its better than the marketing i did up there last year anyway god that was sh*te!!!!cant wait!!me and saxoduff will be living it up in ard nua!!!(i know him btw lol)

WTF?! I don't know you!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

SaxoDuff wrote:
    WTF?! I don't know you!!:eek:
    Saxo you are my heroe :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Clarion Prices:

Single Ensuite: €2964
    Single: €2850
    Twin Ensuite: €2280

all prices are for the full year (sept to may) not including a once off payment of €695 (this was only €600 last year wtf??) for electricity etc.

Great oul spot.

check out their website here

whassupp2 wrote:
    Clarion Prices:

Single Ensuite: €2964
    Single: €2850
    Twin Ensuite: €2280

all prices are for the full year (sept to may) not including a once off payment of €695 (this was only €600 last year wtf??) for electricity etc.

Great oul spot.

check out their website here

Thanks for that whassupp. Does any one have a list of prices for ard nua?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Hey Saxo, you are probably in the best place in the country right now for studying software developement. Trust me, I have dome comparisons and have a fair idea whats going onaround the country both in terms of study and the workplace.

I'm heading into 4th year SD myself along with almighty and frank (I think). I am hoping to do a masters after 4th. Anyone done this already ?

Some great lecturers (some goddam awful ones aswell but you'll mostly avoid those).

Hey fellas, is this IT Sligo board new, only just found it by accident, and it aint available from the dropdown menus above

KStaford wrote:
    Hey Saxo, you are probably in the best place in the country right now for studying software developement. Trust me, I have dome comparisons and have a fair idea whats going onaround the country both in terms of study and the workplace.

I'm heading into 4th year SD myself along with almighty and frank (I think). I am hoping to do a masters after 4th. Anyone done this already ?

Some great lecturers (some goddam awful ones aswell but you'll mostly avoid those).

Hey fellas, is this IT Sligo board new, only just found it by accident, and it aint available from the dropdown menus above

Yes this board is new. It was only made on Friday. I have to agree with what stafford is saying. The workplace has been invaluable to me and I have made some very good friends (which in my opinion is very important) both on placement and in the course.

As for the masters, Dagon did this but he had to wait a few years after he finished forth year. He has mentioned it on the computer heads thread so if ask him there or drop him a pm I'm sure he'll gladly fill you in on the details.

Yes this board is new. It was only made on Friday. I have to agree with what stafford is saying.

Hey almighty

Do you have to refer to me as "stafford" ?
    A little impersonable and even offensive on a bulletin board dont ya think.

• Advertisement

KStaford wrote:
    Hey almighty

Do you have to refer to me as "stafford" ?
    A little impersonable and even offensive on a bulletin board dont ya think.

I didn't want to call you kieran as I wasn't 100% sure it was you (you can never be too sure) then I seen you sign off at the end of one of your posts as Kieran so I knew it was you.

yea alright Darcy !

KStaford wrote:
    yea alright Darcy !

:D I re-read over my response to your first post and it sounds a little blunt and kinda moody. I didn't mean it to come out like that, it's just been a long day.

:D I re-read over my response to your first post and it sounds a little blunt and kinda moody. I didn't mean it to come out like that, it's just been a long day.

and still after two responses, no apology, not even for the sake of politeness or good communication. Oh well, never mind. :(

KStaford wrote:
    and still after two responses, no apology, not even for the sake of politeness or good communication. Oh well, never mind. :(

Sorry about that Kieran. Now hate to be rude but lets try and keep this thing on topic. That goes for me too. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wish I were in Sligo IT.

Does Sligo Ainé attend??

The-Rigger wrote:
    I wish I were in Sligo IT.

Does Sligo Ainé attend??

Yep she doing her masters in advanced thermo nuclear dynamcs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is your degree in Westlifeology?

The-Rigger wrote:
    Is your degree in Westlifeology?

I've spent the last three years skipping college and drinking so I can't actually remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement