Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Readyboost on a SD card DEll laptops

Options
  • 19-08-2007 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

I wonder did anyone manage to get readyboost (a vista feature where the page file is saved on a usb key instead of the hard disk) working on a SD card on a dell laptop, latitude d420 or vostro 1000.

I got it to work with some USB keys and it comes up with a speed issue when I try it with the SD card (and some USB keys).

Can any recommend a card they got to work with it, the high speed SD cards are expensive but would be worth it if I got it to work, and a neater solution than the USB key, less likely to fall off.
    Any advice greatfuly recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

This attachment may help. You can force Vista to work with your current hardware although performance may be better with the devices intended to work with ReadyBoost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks Ethernet, got this to work.

will post when I see how it works.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Works well, thanks for the tip.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Good stuff. Glad to hear it. It seems to work best on machines with 512 MB RAM. That's when you'd really notice its impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Yea, anything over 1GB Ram is fairly unnoticable. To work without being forced the card needs to be fast, the best SD for it would most likely be one of the Sandisk SD Ultra IIs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement