Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Cork City Day Saver Ticket

Options
  • 19-08-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭

"Ticket is valid for travel only on date of purchase." - this makes it a bit useless, doesn't it?

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/news_centre/news_briefs.asp?action=view&news_id=563
    Cork City Day Saver Ticket - Published - 16th August 2007

Travelling on Cork city bus services - why not avail of Bus Eireann's Cork City Day Saver Ticket?

For only €3.80 you will be entitled to unlimited travel on all Bus Éireann Cork city services routes for one day. Ticket is valid for travel only on date of purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

Victor wrote:
    Ticket is valid for travel only on date of purchase." - this makes it a bit useless, doesn't it?

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/news_centre/news_briefs.asp?action=view&news_id=563

why does it vic? you have me confused now, you buy it and use it that day unlimited? it's a day ticket after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Victor wrote:
    Ticket is valid for travel only on date of purchase." - this makes it a bit useless, doesn't it?

No. You can buy the ticket from the driver on any city bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

why does it vic? you have me confused now, you buy it and use it that day unlimited? it's a day ticket after all.
    My point would be if I started the morning in a suburb where I couldn't buy one, I would have to pay bus fare + €3.80, but as John R clarifies, they are available on buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

Can anyone advise me of the current cost of of a Day Saver ticket on Cork City bus services please?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tapit54 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me of the current cost of of a Day Saver ticket on Cork City bus services please?

Thanks in advance.
    Is it not €3.80?

Oops I should really check dates on threads. The current cost is €4.60 for city buses and €10.60 including cobh rail services

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

to digress for the moment, anyone know if the Daysaver ticket is valid on the new 215 route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

to digress for the moment, anyone know if the Daysaver ticket is valid on the new 215 route?
    I would assume it is as the route is listed in Cork city services timetable section rather than in the regional timetables section for Cork County.

oops again, just noticed it is listed in both timetable sections

I'm not sure if Bus Éireann have worked that out, as the route straddles the traditional city/commuter divide.

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=331#Cork

I suspect it is, as there is only a modest (23%) price difference between city and suburban tickets.

E-mail from BÉ.
    bus &#201 wrote: »
    Thank you for your enquiry.

The Cork City Day Saver ticket allows unlimited travel on the day of purchase for all city routes, from route 201 to 219, excluding Blarney.

Blackpool Shopping Centre is the cut off point for route 215 as a city route. From there onwards it is a Suburban route.

There is no Suburban Day Saver Ticket.

Regards,

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

tapit54 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

To answer my own query, having used a day saver ticket on the Cork City services today, the current price of a Day Saver ticket is €4.80.

Given that a single journey costs €1.80, its worth getting a day saver ticket if you are going to be on 3 or more trips on the same day.

• Advertisement

It seems there are no other one day tickets from Bus Éireann.

Advertisement