Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

ACCA Exemptions

• 18-08-2007 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hey I got my exemption from the ACCA on monday, after spending four years in Trinity doing accounting for 3 of them I managed to get one!! Is there any way I can have them check again, I rang them and they werent very helpful, didnt respond to any of my emails. Does anyone have experience with this?? Really pissed off at the mo!!!

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Hey, I went to Trinity for four years and only got one exemption too!!

It didn't occur to me to question it, though I heard afterwards about some people doing it. I was very angry at the time, but decided to go ahead anyway.

Ok, so I know some people who got a lot more exemptions and I have passed them out because they have failed exams. What you have learned will mean that you will fly through the first ones and you'll be used to the ACCA style by the time you get to the more difficult ones. You're not jumping in at the deep end.

Saying that, I would still question it if you can, you still have 2 months before you have to register for your exams. Maybe send them more detailed descriptions of all the courses you have done at Trinity.
    It's frustrating, but it's not the end of the world. Also, you can do some exams computer based (not sure how many with the new syllabus), so you can do those at a different time to the normal December/June schedule. I didn't know that at the time or I would definitely have done them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lochie

oh my god, do not talk to me about the unhelpfulness of ACCA. I am currently looking for exemptions also, hoping to do exams in December. Spent half an hour on the phone to Scotland and they were so rude and unhelpful. They won't have my exemptions ready for college next week either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

i went to UCD and did the Finance degree there and only got 3 exempt.....
    i suppose from their side of it they are just trying to make people do more exams - means more money, more students on their books etc....
    some pain all the same! nearly there with them now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Quiff81 wrote:
    i suppose from their side of it they are just trying to make people do more exams - means more money, more students on their books etc....
    some pain all the same! nearly there with them now....

Not really, Quiff81 - Think about it. It benefits them more when you're qualified. You pay higher subs.

In fairness I think it's more down to the student having enough prior knowledge to be able to take the next exams and not to get stuck, imho.

Advertisement