Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honourary members

Options
  • 18-08-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I think we should have a thread (or sticky) listing the charcters we think deserve the title of 'honourary BGRH member'

I am putting forward 3rd technician David Lister.
    char_lister.jpg

his devotion to a life of eating curry, drinking cheap beer and basically farting about deserve the title.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Do we want to encourage scousers? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I am prepared to forgive this flaw which he had to way of preventing. I mean his is the definition of 'legend' right after Homer Jay Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

an absolute legend, an my nomination oliver reed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dave Lister should not have the mention of honouray member. In my head he already is.

My fav show of all time too!!

John Goodman.

• Advertisement

Post humous awards should go to Richard Harris and John Candy. They would have fit right in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

George Castanza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Al Bundy of course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sioda wrote:
    Al Bundy of course.

For a second there I thought you said Ted Bundy. A tad extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Indeed especially for 11.24 on a sunday :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Tony Siragusa.... :eek: who??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I take it we're including both fictional and non fictional individuals here. I'm trying hard to think of an actor who is just as cool as his character....

While I'm thinking I nominate Patrick Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

John Daly (American Golfer!!!)

daly%20-%20man%20of%20culture2.jpg

You just can’t make this stuff up: twice suspended by the PGA Tour, three trips to rehab, four kids, millions won on the course, millions lost in gambling joints, four marriages before the age of 35, current wife in prison, drunken binges and sexual adventures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Geoffrey_Hughes_as_Onslow.jpg

Just brilliant. :)
    Onslow describes himself as "work-shy, bone idle, and out of condition".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Although he has too much in the hair department I nominate Jim Royle.

ricky_tomlinson_music.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Considering he has only this week graced us with his presence I am surprised nobody has mentioned the one and only.....Keef Richards. This hard-living hell-raiser should be an inspiration to all up and coming rock stars. This is the way to behave when you're in a band. None of this milk-drinking Chris Martin type nonsense. Grow some balls and trash a hotel room..obvioussy after you have shagged your way through a bevy of groupies, snorted half of Bolivia and run out of booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Some worthy suggestions there Brothers ... I nominate Ron Jeremy.

The man is a legend, and think of the entourage and 'industry figures' he'd bring with him to parties and what-not. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Jeremy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I nominate these lads....

Especially this lad....

muppet_animal.jpg
    Animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Johnny Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Probably our youngest proposal

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote:
    Probably our youngest proposal
    I second this nomination. The young fellow in question obviously has a great future in store for himself.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brothers, it is with great sadness that I note the passing of Michael Jackson. No, not that Michael Jackson, this one.

gabf03_jacksontea.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with him, he is also know as The Beer Hunter, and has probably done more in recent years than just about anybody to popularise non-mass produced beers and, to a lesser extent, whiskey. A man such as this is truly deserving of posthumous Honorary Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

George Best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

And of course Rab

rabcnesbitt.jpg

That could actually be Yore Ma's he's in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

pavarotti had some gut i doubt it was all pasta!!!!!!! i#d say he had a few nasto azzuro somewhere along the line.!

Advertisement