Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you rate Boss

Options
  • 18-08-2007 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

What do you think of Isaac Boss as an international scrum half.

I dont rate him very highly at all. Sure he can do the sniping and the box kicks, but his pass is sh1te! and the 2 or 3 steps he takes laterally before passing the ball are an A&E invitation for the first centre.

I like stringers passing, and his terrier attitude, also his interaction with Rog is excellent, but he is obviously missing the sniping which can take the heat off O'Gara.

I havent seen Reddan playing much but when I have he has impressed me, being a confirmed Munster man it pains me to say it, but im starting to think that it should be 1)reddan 2)stringer 99)boss.

What do yez think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

pred racer wrote:
    I havent seen Reddan playing much but when I have he has impressed me, being a confirmed Munster man it pains me to say it, but im starting to think that it should be 1)reddan 2)stringer 99)boss.
    LOL :D You really don't think much of him do you?

I think Stringer is a lot better than Boss and the Stringer/ROG pair works really well. And I haven't seen Reddan play enough to say he should replace Stringer so I'm not going to say it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Redden from what I've seen has good days and bad. When he's good (HC Final) he's very good and a fair bit more dynamic than Stringer but he can also suffer from the dyson effect at times as well and when that happens as in Argentina he's pretty useless.

I think Boss makes more work for the people around him and makes them work harder because of his mistakes and shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Yeah alot of people to be honest who arent Wasps fans havent seen alot of Reddan, to be honest the first time i heard of him was him scoring the try against Leinster. Though the thing that gets my hopes up about him is that he is being thought by Matt Dawson, cant really go wrong there can ya.

Only other Irish scrumhalf i can think of at the top of my head is Frank Murphy, he had a decent performance in the Churchill Cup though granted he isnt the greatest SH nor does he get alot of game time with Leicester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

People acuse Stringer of being limited, the reality is that he has been playing with ROG since he was 7 and his game is a result of what ROG wants - quick ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Jackz wrote:
    People acuse Stringer of being limited, the reality is that he has been playing with ROG since he was 7 and his game is a result of what ROG wants - quick ball.

Which is correct. But limited. Successful teams have more offensive options than just quick ball to the outhalf. I dont think anyone really criticises Stringers pass, or the role it plays in giving the outside backs a chance. but his limitations in other areas does limit the team as a whole. Whether the + outweighs the - is the question. With Boss I think the balance is in the negative because of his slow passing. With Reddan its hard to say. As posted above, he seems to have contrasting days. On his best I think he does give a better overall balance. I would give him a full run in next years 6N and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

LOL :D You really don't think much of him do you?

I think Stringer is a lot better than Boss and the Stringer/ROG pair works really well. And I haven't seen Reddan play enough to say he should replace Stringer so I'm not going to say it...

Yeah this is probably what I should have said:)
    the one thing about stringer that really annoys me though is the way he's always whingin to the ref!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There is unfortunately no discussion to be had around who should play 9 for Ireland. There is Strings and then there is sub par club players like Reddan and Boss who can't cut it at International level.

You could make a cup of tea in the time it takes Boss to make a pass and he's already gone about 5yds sideways at that stage.

Reddan maybe one day, but I doubt it alot.

Advertisement