Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crow/pigoen disposal

Options
  • 17-08-2007 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

how do you dispose of your unwanted birds

Leadbelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

ha! youl be sorry you asked that question, i guarantee!!! try eating them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thejackal

Leadbelly wrote:

Leadbelly

why would you dispose of pigeons cholesterol free and better for than that liquized **** they call chicken down in tesco you should eat them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Leadbelly

I do eat the game I shoot this includes pigeons, hence the name Leadbelly.
    As I do not have a good recipe for crow soup and some birds are burst mid-air they don't sit in the pan well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Google rook pie on the net.You need young rooks tho! Shot traditionally around mid May,they are just out of the nest and sitting on the branches.
    They taste just like chicken,:rolleyes: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Log onto crowbusters.com for more recipies than you can shake a stick at. Personally I dont dine on crow, I take the breasts off the pigeons and throw spare birds away. Lets face it, on a good day you could shoot 200 birds, I doubt and man is going to put 400 breasts into his freezer! Take a few nice ones and throw the rest out. I usually just fry the em and have them in a roll. In Cornwall they traditionally climb trees and tie young rooks to the nest by the leg then let them fatten up for a few weeks before 'harvesting' them, four and twenty blackbirds etc etc. How does anyone cook snipe???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why would you shoot 200 birds in a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MR TR

Leadbelly wrote:

Leadbelly

Shoot Clays instead of the Wildlife and then ya wouldn't have your disposal Dilemma.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Another use for them an old countryman showed me if you are into fishing.
    Take a bunch of dead crows,or whatever.Stuff them into a chicken wire roll,and pitch the whole mess over a trout stream.As nature works to dispose of the remains by flies and insects.The maggotts wil drop off into the water for a free meal for trout.You fish with a light hook and line baited maggot in the area of the carcass cage,and hey presto,you have another tasty and varied dinner menu.Piegon.crow and trout.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

MR TR wrote:
    Shoot Clays instead of the Wildlife and then ya wouldn't have your disposal Dilemma.:p
    They're pretty crunchy though, and a b1tch if you get a bit under the old dentures. Probably need to be boiled for a verrrrry loooong time. :D

Yeah, and I sat in a hide for two hours before with a nice pattern of clay pigeon decoys out and not a single clay pigeon came in to them!!

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why would you shoot 200 birds in a day?

If there were 500 I would shoot 500! Proffesional pigeon shooters in the UK could shoot 1000 a day. A professional or serious pigeon shooter here will shoot thousands a year. If you are sitting in a hide for a few hours you need to be shooting every few minutes to keep occupied, not forgetting that pigeons are demed vermin and spend there days feeding on crops. Its like shooting rats in a grain store with a pellet gun... you want to shoot as many as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

alan123 wrote:
    Proffesional pigeon shooters in the UK could shoot 1000 a day.

What the hell do they use, a Gatling gun!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yup they are vermin and even though many people go shooting and kill hundreds at a time you still see large flocks of them both in the country and towns.
    Nothing but rats with wings.

Its a vicious circle; the population is exploding because of all the food we provide in crops. We shoot them which controls the population more than natural predators. The following year the pigeons breed and the crops are sown again etc etc.

A guy recently broke yhe dove shooting record in Argentina. He shot..........

..... nine and a half thousand by himself in one session!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement