Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Going on

Options
  • 17-08-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

I put up a poll yesterday about Fox Hunting and it seems to have disappeared.
    Im not an animal activist or anything like it. I do .22 rifle target shooting as a hobby, but i just dont agree with hunting

So why was my poll deleted?

Comments

Fox hunting is nothing to do with shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

The forum exists for discussion of the shooting sports (meaning all shooting sports, from international competition to backyard plinking and anything and everything in between) and sport shooting (meaning hunting, wildfowling, and so on).

above is a copy of a paragraph from the shooting forum charter. foxes are hunted with guns, so it does have everything to do with this forum.

The OP implied that because he liked shooting, he could post about fox hunting (on horseback?).

If the OP had posted about Fox hunting (with guns), then I doubt it would have been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

stevoman wrote:
    The forum exists for discussion of the shooting sports (meaning all shooting sports, from international competition to backyard plinking and anything and everything in between) and sport shooting (meaning hunting, wildfowling, and so on).

above is a copy of a paragraph from the shooting forum charter. foxes are hunted with guns, so it does have everything to do with this forum.

All i said was i was against it. It was an open and fair poll that everyone could express their opinions.

It was deleted without any indication

Did you specify fox hunting with guns?

as 'Fox hunting' (alone) is normally reserved for hunting with hounds, which is nothing to do with this forum.

• Advertisement

The OP implied that because he liked shooting, he could post about fox hunting (on horseback?).

If the OP had posted about Fox hunting (with guns), then I doubt it would have been deleted.

Zaraba
    it was a poll that said do you agree with fox hunting ?

yes or no

a simple question

Not a simple question - Fox hunting, stated like that, is usually reserved for hunting with hounds, this is topic that gets mentioned here the odd time and can cause all shades of ****e, as well as being nothing to do with this forum.

If you respecify it as fox hunting with a gun, and only hunting with a gun, then it becomes more relevant.

Also, why just focus on fox hunting? Surely you are either pro hunting or agianst, irrespective of species.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Was moved to After Hours AFAIK. Looked like atypical troll post with no particular discussion inluded in your post so TBH your lucky u didnt get banned.

Not a simple question - Fox hunting, stated like that, is usually reserved for hunting with hounds, this is topic that gets mentioned here the odd time and can cause all shades of ****e, as well as being nothing to do with this forum.

If you respecify it as fox hunting with a gun, and only hunting with a gun, then it becomes more relevant.

Also, why just focus on fox hunting? Surely you are either pro hunting or agianst, irrespective of species.

Well i didn't want to state the obvious. we are in a shooting forum. I thought people would be intelligent enough to realise i meant hunting with guns.

I am against all hunting but i wanted peoples opinions on fox hunting.
    Some people could be for deer hunting but against fox hunting.

As Rew said - it comes up from time to time by trolls, and generally, Fox Hunting, refers to hunting with hounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

to be honest rew i wouldnt mind seeing what the results of the poll be, but i would be a little more broad about the subject, eg - are you a shooter and do you shoot foxes as your quarry?

i'm kind of intersted, as i shoot a lot, but i choose not to shoot foxes. my choice, and mainly because you can't eat them.

im curious as to what other people think.

Rew wrote:
    Was moved to After Hours AFAIK. Looked like atypical troll post with no particular discussion inluded in your post so TBH your lucky u didnt get banned.
    Are you serious. Banned!!

With No particular discussion...
    Its a huge discussion. get a grip

pajodublin wrote:
    Are you serious. Banned!!

With No particular discussion...
    Its a huge discussion. get a grip

You didnt put any discussion in to first post in the theread it just said somthing like "yes or no" which is stuipd hence you thread is now floating round the bin somewhere.

You were also reported as being a toll by member of the board, so me thinks kettle pot black and all that you should get a grip your self.

Yes or no were the possible answers
    in the main post it said.

" I dont personally agree with fox hunting but i would like to find out everyones elses opinion on this touchy subject"

Which is still a very troll like post.

If you had said somthing like "Im not an animal activist or anything like it. I do .22 rifle target shooting as a hobby, but i just dont agree with hunting" then it would still be here.

as i said already i was in a shooting forum why would i need to state the obvious

Anyway i've set up a new one. i hope it sticks to your "rules"

SIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Jasus lads i think that fox hunting is a terrible yoke altogether.
    You wouldn't catch me at it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

:D legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Thanks ill get me coat now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

"Foxhunting" means hunting with hounds. If you knew anything about hunting you'd know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

pajodublin wrote:
    as i said already i was in a shooting forum why would i need to state the obvious
    Because it wouldn't be the first time we were trolled by people who thought that shooting vermin made someone a sociopathic murderer waiting for an opportunity to start shooting humans (or maybe you missed the recent posts about letters in the national press by the Irish Council Against Blood Sports).
    Anyway i've set up a new one. i hope it sticks to your "rules"
    SIR
    It does - barely - which is why it's still here. But next time you want to post something so close to the wind, put more of your own personal opinion in there. What you did was regrettably akin to walking into a bar in alabama wearing a "Clarkson was being funny" T-shirt, and if you don't know that, you might want to read a bit more before you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Sparks.
    It wasnt ICABS!!! IT is AHS that wrote those letters!!!REmember your thing about libel and all???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Ban the Troll !:mad:

Ban the Troll !:mad:

Thats enough, we will decide who's a troll or not amd who gets a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement