Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 640m - loose laptop screen hinge

Options
  • 17-08-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to fix a loose hinge on a 640m? The screen is starting to wobble a bit and I can see that the hinge is starting to loosen.

I have next business day service on it.. do you think its worth getting someone out to fix it before it gets worse or is it something I could do myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Trotter wrote:
    I have next business day service on it.. do you think its worth getting someone out to fix it before it gets worse or is it something I could do myself?

I would certainly utilise the NBD service, if it is available to you.

Though having said that, I would ask if you would be without the laptop for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

Same thing happened to me with a 6400 and the hinges could not be tightened ,it started with a loose hinge and then cracks started on the front panel as the hinge opened up more , i got the NBD service on site out and he replaced the hinges and the front and rear panels of the screen , all sound now for another while (i hope).

Advertisement