Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formation of a CCG/TCG boards area

Options
  • 17-08-2007 10:02am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to get your thoughts on a boards area for ALL TCGs/CCGs? It would be great to have an area for all players of these games to come to one place where we can see where people are playing what. It might even kick up some interest in non-playing boardsies?

Tony

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Probably not a bad idea. I've recently gotten quite involved in the World of Warcraft TCG, as well as MTG and some of the older ones like L5R etc.

But this is really more suited to the forum request forum ;)
    Located here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

Let us know here if you start a post there and you can link directly to it, should help you get some more views :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks, I knew the forum request forum existed, but wasn't so sure where it was :)

I'll make a request and post the link as asked. Does anyone think that the creation of a all-encompassing TCG/CCG forum would be a threat to the future of this Magic forum. I always pop in here, even though I havent played the game in about 11 years, and new topics are few and far between. It would be great to have a forum bustling with activity.

I have spoken to many respected players across many old and new games (Magic, L5R, VS, Star Trek, WWE, WoW) and the general consensus is that there are many many players for all these games that simply do not know where to find other players.

We are also seeing a trend of players playing outside their local store due to a number of reasons. Since they would never enter the local store, they would have little or no contact with other groups.

Where else could everyone meet up but on Boards :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thats been done...hopefully eveyone will support the idea over there!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055139193

Advertisement