Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Warranty Extension Fraud ? Opinions Please

Options
  • 16-08-2007 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I Recently Reformatted My Dell Inspiron 5160,when Installing All The Dell Software Etc After I Had Installed Windows The Dell Support Pop Up Box Asked Me For Permission To Start,i Let It,it Asked Me To Give It Permission To Check My Service Tag,which It Did,it Then Flashed Up That My Laptop Had Been Given An Extended Warranty Of A Year As There Were Certain Issues Regarding Power Failure With This System,so 3 Weeks Later I Get The Power Issue,i Ring Dell And They Diagnose That Its The Ac Connector On The Motherboard,but They Know Nothing About The Warranty Upgrade And Tell Me Im Not Covered Point Blank,after Doing Some Research It Turns Out That Dell Did Give An Extra Years Cover And Are Fixing This Problem For All Us Customers,what Do You Think I Should Do Here ? ? Is This Discrimination ? Anyone Else Here Have The Same Problem ?

Ps Sorry For Typing In Caps Head Down Typing And Only Realised When Finished

Advertisement