Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Password - SONY contact details pls - NO HACKZ !

Options
  • 16-08-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Using a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ2XP/C with finger print recognition. \i want to use the normal password to get entry to laptop but have totally forgotten the original and have no idea what it is... Is there anywy to retrieve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Will the mods allow an answer to this seeing as it relates to a main machine password? I seem to remember a couple of bannings for answers relating to this type of topic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

moving to laptops - someone may have a contact procedure for sony.

windows admin passwords resetting is not that big a deal since there is no real security in unencrypted NTFS if you have access to the local machine.

if it was a Dell in the past you'd have to fax in the original receipt before they would consider releasing the bios pw but sony use a million reseller so no idea and TPM is just one more reason why I don't like SONY

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/sony_vgn-sz2xpc_and_vgn-sz2vpc_notebooks.html
    The notebooks also include the Trustedâ„¢ Platform Module (TPM) hardware and fingerprint recognition to further protect the user data and enhance the overall security. The TPM checks for unauthorized changes to both hardware and software, acts like a built-in smart card, provides an exclusive ID and the TPM chip itself stores vital data like passwords and encryption keys.

Advertisement