Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute - Trim to Sandyford

Options
  • 16-08-2007 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Can anyone give me an indication of how long the average commute time between Trim and Sandyford industrial estate would be?

I work in sandyford. I can start work anytime between 8 and 10am. I then spend 8.5 hours in work.

I recently tried this trip leaving Trim at 7am and it took 1.5 hours. I went via Kilcock. A few of my work collegues have suggested that this time would be a lot longer during the winter months. Would this be the case?

All comments are appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭h0stn0tf0und

That is some commute.
    the N3 > M50 is out so going Summerhill > Kilcock > M4 > M50 is probably the best. All the road works wont help and the travel time will be long till these are finished. When finished you will make Trim to Kilcock in no time. I would agree that it will be longer in the winter.
    If your finding it bad around Lucan / M50 you could try going further south Celebridge > Rathcoole but that is madness.

To be honest you live too far from work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CodeMonkey11

Thanks for the reply. Have you any idea of the journey times that I will be dealing with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

I drive Navan to Sandyford daily.It takes me an hour leaving my house between 6.15 and 6.30.The only hold up is from Blanch exit heading south to the toll.It's slow but moves.On occassion I leave my house at 8.00 and get into work between 9.00 and 9.15.

I think you need to leave earlier as the N3 is mental around fairyhouse cross and Blanch bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

To be honest I wouldn't advise leaving any later than 6:15/6:30. I used to drive Blanchardstown to Sandyford and left my house at 6:30 and would arrive in Sandyford about 7:05/7:10. I used to avoid the M50 and go Chapelizod, Ballyfermot, Walkinstown roundabout and join the M50 at Ballymount. If I woke up any later than 6:20, I used to leave it til 9:30am as it just isn't worth it with the traffic. Rush hour traffic, it could take me anywhere from 50mins to 2hrs. And you're travelling even further...my advice, either move job or move house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Hi,

I’d suggest getting a map and drawing a straight line from Trim to the Firhouse exit on the M50 and then devise out a route that way. The majority of people take the obvious route meaning main roads can clog up while backroads can be quiet. It may (and only may) be worth experimenting with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement