Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to IBM in Mulhuddart

Options
  • 16-08-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone can help me by giving advice on how to get to IBM technology centre based in Mulhuddart. I have no car at the moment. Are there any public transport services? (I am based in Drumcondra). Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The 38 and the 38A go into IBM campus. As for getting from Drumcondra, you'll probably have to walk to Phibsboro/get the train to Castleknock or something. No direct bus service from Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Check out the 40D bus service.. It goes from Parnell St, up Dorset St, then up Withworth Road and into Finglas and then near to the industrial estate where IBM is.. Journey time is about 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

gazzer... the road down to the industrial estate from the 40D bus stop isn't opened yet... so you'll be walking through an industrial estate..

The 38/A would be your best option, you can walk to either Phibsboro or Parnell Square to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

gazzer wrote:
    Check out the 40D bus service.. It goes from Parnell St, up Dorset St, then up Withworth Road and into Finglas and then near to the industrial estate where IBM is.. Journey time is about 45 minutes.

You're thinking of the IBM office in Ballycoolin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CodeMonkey11

Stark is correct. Your best bet is to get the 38/A from Berkley Road http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.359913,-6.269374&spn=0.002836,0.010042&z=17&om=1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

Many thanks! Would you know how long it takes from Berkely Road to get to IBM campus? Does the 38/38A stop at this campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Takes about an hour from the city centre. The campus is the very last stop.
    If you're starting work at 7 then the 6 bus will get you in for about 6.45 due to the lack of traffic.

If you're starting at 3 you'd want to get the 1.30/1.40 bus as it's a bit of a slog. 38A is much better as it avoids Castleknock and Blanch Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Also if you're in work at about 12 or 1, I'd get an much earlier bus because there does be a lot of traffic at the junction of berkley road and north circular road, which holds you up for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Dont do it....dont work for IBM.....HUH!!! smear campaign :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement