Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie dope heads....

Options
  • 15-08-2007 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

First there was Wendell Sailor (on his 2yr surjon) new we have happy slap heads Lote Tuqiri and Matt Dunning both slapped with midnight curfews following a late night out in Brisbane.

What would Eddie do then......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sure they were only drinking and the way it is no Irish rugby fan can ever say its disagracefull cause Munster members of the Ireland squad for famous for going on their binges on Tours etc

In isolation maybe, but those two creamers have been in the Aussie tabloid headlines a little too much recently. Tuquiri especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Is this 1930's america or somthing ;) Since when has going for a few beers a crime. And since when does having a few beers make you a dope head? We are therefore a nation of dope fiends :)

I hope most of the irish team go for a beer or two to relax now and then. You wont win the world cup wound up like a spring and also locked up into your room at 9pm every night for the 2 or 3 months before the tournament :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh i reckon it's just the sleazy oz tabloid press making a mountain out of a molehill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

As you may recall Tuquiri already missed 3N games this year for missing a training session after celebrating the NZ win. No doubt he was on thin ice with the coaching staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Ignore it Dave, he's looking to start a fight, after all, it wasn't Munster players who turned up to provincial training drunk on more than one occasion for Gary Ella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

Three years ago in a Cape Town nightclub, (the Oz team were there during 3Nations) Lote and Sailor went ape ****. Both of them get wired on booze. I was there myself so I know.

The boys were throwing chairs and arguing with the bouncers and looking for a fight. Gregan had to calm them.

Nothing wrong with going on the rip but it was a bit much... Don't we all know at least one lad that can't control himself when he's pissed?

There you go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

Don't we all know at least one lad that can't control himself when he's pissed?

That'd be Brian Cowen then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ignore it Dave, he's looking to start a fight, after all, it wasn't Munster players who turned up to provincial training drunk on more than one occasion for Gary Ella.

Im not trying to start a fight lol Never heard of the Munster Under 14 back in the day? Anyway im not trying to slate of Munster people or any players its completely normal for all rugby players to head for the bar on the 1st or 2nd day of a tour its tradition :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

Hamo wrote:
    First there was Wendell Sailor (on his 2yr surjon) new we have happy slap heads Lote Tuqiri and Matt Dunning both slapped with midnight curfews following a late night out in Brisbane.

What would Eddie do then......

What dopeheads????

I'm sure it'll be folklore fodder for the Bill McLaren Brigade as they remember the good ole days when Dooley and Jeffrey jovially/drunkenly passing the Calcutta Cup like a ball down Rose St, a certain Irish lock on the pull in Sydney or Mike Teague making a pass at another player's wife at an after-match function :rolleyes:

Advertisement