Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Band syndicate?

Options
  • 15-08-2007 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this would be the best wording for such an idea.. but it might be handy if we had some sort of list of all the bands thats are on boards.ie that are available for gigging.

So if the situation arises where you are stuck for a support group (or 2) or if an event happens where bands are needed, you can reference the boards.ie list and see if a band is

a) active
    b) relative to your genre
    c) would mix well at one of your gigs
    d) available to gig when you need them

I know it would make my life a fair bit easier, finding the right support act can be a challenge.. it would be nice to get some extra gigs in also if there was a band in need, im sure the lads would be up for a set at any given chance..

What say you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

This thread is a bit dead.. Nurse! NURSE!

I think any sort of list like that would be a brilliant idea - the Underground Music Directory seem to have already done something like that (www.myspace.com/umddublin) but of course there's always a need for "friendly" bands who would just do support gigs and hopefully bring a crowd and some brotherly love.

Might as well get the ball rolling - we're Short Notice (www.myspace.com/shortnoticeirl - ignore the **** recordings), and we like to gig. Send us a message if you'd like / need us to support you.

Could do with a list of promoters also - if you're looking to gig, get in touch with Dublin Underground (www.myspace.com/dublinunderground), always have plenty of nights booked. Anyone else have recommendations?

Perhaps post a link to this thread in "Bands & Musicians" too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I promote this idea!, i think it would be really useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

red_ice, any luck with getting it off the ground? Perhaps you could include your friends bands too, seeing as there hasn't been much response in this thread. Create something like the UMD that caters less to the emo/hardcore "scene" and more to the rock side of things. Whether it's a Myspace or a webpage doesn't really matter. I think its a good idea, and could definitely help revive the lacklustre local rock / alternative / funk / metal etc. bands scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 libriumbum

Great idea,
    count Futurewar in!
    www.myspace.com/futurewar
    always looking for gigs, no matter how big or small,
    18ths, 21sts, 40ths, weddings, funerals, barmitzfas, whatever, a gig is a gig at the end of the day.
    Check us out on myspace and mail me at libriumbum@yahoo.co.uk if ya'll want!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lets do it!

We're Kevin On A Bike, always willing to play.
    Mixture of Originals and Covers for long sets but thats often flexed.

Just recorded a new demo
    tracks @ www.myspace.com/kevinonabike

• Advertisement
Advertisement