Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone test driven the new Baggot Inn?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pour my own pint?

Isn't that what the buxom young serving wenches that work in these establishments are there for :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Firstly if i'm payin €5+ for a pint I dont want to have to pur it myself too. Secondly how do they stop you robbing pints. Is there someone from the bar always around you. Are the taps like vending machines that you need to feed it coins and notes to get a drink, or by tokens from the bar or somethin. I cna just imagine the BGRH crew going in pouring a load of our drinks and walkin out sayin we didn't touch the taps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I won't be fit for pouring after about ten so what happens then?

I won't be fit for pouring after about ten so what happens then?

exactly, This Baggot Inn place is devolving our race.

If I opened an establishement Almighty, you would have the option of having the alcohol pumped directly into your veins, there would even be hospital style beds for you customers to lie in if they didn't want to hassle themselves with this sitting or standing lark.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is obviously unnecessary exertion, and the Brotherhood's position on this has already been made very clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

I was on there a couple of weeks ago. It's good craic and plenty of eye candy in there. Only Guinness & Carlsberg at the tables.

There's a tab per table and they automatically keep track of the beer coming out of the tap and have a LED display of how much you've racked up at your table. It's nice not having to get up and queue at the bar.

It's different and good for a big group. Not much pulling to be done as no-one leaves their tables!!

All we need now are urinals under the seats!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The-Rigger wrote:

If I opened an establishement Almighty, you would have the option of having the alcohol pumped directly into your veins, there would even be hospital style beds for you customers to lie in if they didn't want to hassle themselves with this sitting or standing lark.

You see people this is what we need not some place that charges you the same as everywhere else despite the fact that they have less bar staff. Rig if you're looking for an invester let me know. I haven't got much money though as I piss it all away on booze.

Mickah wrote:

Nappies ftw.

Mickah wrote:
    I was on there a couple of weeks ago. It's good craic and plenty of eye candy in there. Only Guinness & Carlsberg at the tables.

There's a tab per table and they automatically keep track of the beer coming out of the tap and have a LED display of how much you've racked up at your table. It's nice not having to get up and queue at the bar.

It's different and good for a big group. Not much pulling to be done as no-one leaves their tables!!

If someone starts selling lazy boy arm chairs with taps in it, then I'll show interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

whatever next DIY abrakebabera?

its a dangerous precident brothers.

• Advertisement

whatever next DIY abrakebabera?

its a dangerous precident brothers.

I have to agree with you there Fred. This could be a very slippery slope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Seb-K

The-Rigger wrote:
    exactly, This Baggot Inn place is devolving our race.

i particularly like the sound of this establishment, why not include a call out service for customers who couldna be bothered leavin the sofa?

Seb-K wrote:
    i particularly like the sound of this establishment

Which establishment? The baggot inn or the place rig is on about setting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Seb-K

Rig's establishment of course! i actually think theres something wrong with a bar that
    you got to pull your own pint in! sounds like there wouldnt be much to ogle and its not
    like you could go in there on your own and get pished now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

that must be the one my friend was on about. Someone mentioned its full of Eye Candy.
    She also said its full of Hotties for the ladies Apparently.
    Is Baggot St not a bit outta the way though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Bretheren lets not forget that it is a great learning curve to bring a wimmin to ... Teach her how to pull pints and then get a keg installed at home.

Plus you get to look at wimmin while your there!! Every cloud has a silver lining!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Niamho! wrote:
    She also said its full of Hotties for the ladies Apparently.

That sort of talk has no place on this forum! Why would you even think that the Brethren would concern themselves with such things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

zaph wrote:
    That sort of talk has no place on this forum! Why would you even think that the Brethren would concern themselves with such things?
    Please sir i beg your Forgiveness. I'll refrain from such Talk from now on. :D

;)

Niamho! wrote:
    Please sir i beg your Forgiveness. I'll refrain from such Talk from now on. :D

;)
    Now you must get us all some pints to make up for it, and some crisps wouldn't go amiss either:D

Now you must get us all some pints to make up for it, and some crisps wouldn't go amiss either:D

I hear that. Salt and vinegar for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement