Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell

Options
  • 15-08-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

So I ordered a desktop from Dell in early July, recieved it two weeks ago. No problems.

Then today I recieved a call (from a Dublin number) with an Indian saying that they (Dell) didn't receive payment and could they go through the credit card details. I told her to ring back tommorrow. I used my Dad's credit card to pay for it, so I'm waiting for him to come home to go through the statement and see if the money was taken.

I'm worried that it was a scam, how do i know they are who they are? Also if the payment didn't clear then how come it took this long to find out? Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Best way to be sure is get your Dad to check his Credit Card statement, if there's no sign of the payment then ring Dell directly...don't wait for the call if your worried about a scam

If the credit card statement shows a charge then either Dell have messed up on their billing systems and their trying to double charge you without knowing or it could be a scam

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im always very cynical of things like this. Obviously check with the cc company first. When the supposed Dell contact phones again ask for a name, the reference number of your order and a number to call back. (If he/she wont give it, then you can be certain its a scam) Then phone Dell directly yourself from the contact numbers you got with your computer, and check it out with them. Id never give my cc number to someone who called me out of the blue without checking very carefully who they are first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Last time I ordered off Dell they somehow ended up with 3 systems on order for me. Took about 4 calls to sort it out. So make sure they don't charge you twice.

Advertisement