Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinkin of moving and working in galway from aus!

Options
  • 15-08-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hey im headin over 2 ireland in sept and heared alot of good things about galway, can any one tell me how easy it is 2 get a shared house and really any kind of work etc. construction, bar work? thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Radek

You can find accomodation on:
    www.galwayadvertiser.ie -> classifieds
    (prices between 40 - 100e a week)

You can look for job also on:
    www.galwayadvertiser.ie -> classifieds
    and on:
    www.fas.ie -> job seeker -> find job
    (earnings between 250 - 400e a week)

There are lot of adverts and also many people looking for job/accomodation.
    Best is to check www.galwayadvertiser.ie when new publication comes to web (wednesday afternoon) and call advertisements right away.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Places like Dunnes and Tesco are good for hiring...but you should probably contact them before getting here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gilly04

thanks i will try them, cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You'll have to get a work permit(I presume Aus is Australia,If Austria you're ok)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/migrant-workers/employment-permits/work_permits

Seven Worlds will Collide

yeah i got work visa just gota get that garda card when i get there! im thinkin of settin up in dublin first then head to galway after im settled a bit! but ive just been told to go 2 galway heared its right off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll have to get a work permit(I presume Aus is Australia,If Austria you're ok)
    Aus must be Austria? Australia being Oz.
    Like in "Aus dem weg" or "es ist aus".

sorry mate its OZ!! all the way from australia!

Advertisement