Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N52 Between Xerox and the M1

Options
  • 15-08-2007 1:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what these road-workers are doing? The road has been dug up for at least 4 months now with very little activity going on at all.

They have cut ~4 tracks across the road and back-filled them badly with cement, one lane in each direction is closed with diversions in place.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

As far as I know, they're putting in a roundabout and a new road is being built to link the new roundabout up to the Hill Street Junction(when the bridge goes). As for why it's taking so long to complete..who knows?!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Jaybus. Sounds crazy to carry out this section of work now when the road hasn't been built or the bridge demolished.

Still thanks for shedding some light on the subject :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the concrete is to allow large dump trucks to cross the road from one side to the other as they would rip up the tar on a normal road, but i havent seen much activity like this either but i'm not there too often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I was asking myself the same question.

Ahh when the bridge goes is there going to be a 4 way junction like coming from where they are currently building Lidl the followed by a 3 way junction (ie. T junction)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Lidl?

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote:
    Lidl?
    The new building that they are building beside the Old Shopping Centrethat is going to be Lidl.

The road behind the Marshes then you come to a roundabout and you head down beside the ESB. They have been building the road from the roadabout to Lidl for the past few months and that is going to continue out to the N52.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

In where the Vets and the gym and the old snooker club used to be?
    as of yesterday when I passed that area the only thing being built there was what looked like apartments or offices.....
    are they gonna build lidl next to it in the empty old parking area next to the bridge

neacy69 wrote:
    In where the Vets and the gym and the old snooker club used to be?
    as of yesterday when I passed that area the only thing being built there was what looked like apartments or offices.....
    are they gonna build lidl next to it in the empty old parking area next to the bridge
    Yeah that is the place, but no the building they are building that is going to be Lidl

Like look at this image its the same design as the one they are building in Dundalk.

Advertisement