Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair check-in

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey ppls,

Just a quick question for ye's regtarding Ryanair...

I booked a flight from cork to dublin for tomorrow evening, will my drivers licence do or do i need to carry my passport?

As regards the online checkin it says i need my passport and the drivers licence wouldnt be acceptable, do i have to do the online checkin prior to my flight?
    Presuming i dont do the online checkin i can use drivers licence as id?

And one more final thing, :)

Once i do the online checkin am i printed a boarding pass so all i have to do is go straight to the gate? how long before the flight to i have to be at the gate?

Any help on the above questions would be great,

Thanks,

Cwynnes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

From what I remember; definitely bring your passport. You have to go through security between check in and getting to the boarding gate. Be at the boarding gate no later than 30 mins before flight time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you need your passport for security reasons and be at check-in 40mins before the flight (i know the flight is shorter then that but it's all to make sure you're actually there etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

I fly this route twice a month

If you check in at the desk you only need your drivers licence. Online check in requires a passport

They will charge you €5 as priority boarding for on line service but its worth to avoid at least one q in Dublin Airport

its a long enough walk from the gate so I'd suggest 60 mins to allow for security and the walk if you go the on line route

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

The thing is my passport is been posted down to me here in cork, an im just hopin itll be here by tomorrow, otherwise ill have to use my driving licence, so im thinkin to not bother online checkin and make sure i get to the airport an hour before the flight and check in at the desk, that way i wont be so stuck if i dont have the passport, is this a good idea?

Let me know what ye think,

Thanks again

cwynnes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You'll be fine with the driver's license if you're checking in at the desk. You just won't be able to use the online checkin.

If your passport arrives tomorrow, then you'll be able to use the online checkin tomorrow. It doesn't close until a few hours before the flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Why anyone would leave this island without a passport is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yoda wrote:
    Why anyone would leave this island without a passport is beyond me.

Has Dublin been moved offshore?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

Drivers License is only valid for travel between the UK/ireland.
    Passport would be required for all other travel destinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Stekelly wrote:

You didnt know? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Stekelly wrote:
    I missed the Cork-Dublin bit. Lazy of me. Pardon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement