Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2007 - Tullamore

Options
  • 15-08-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyones heading down this year?
    Such a great session - music and pints wise cant wait. Im heading down the Thursday to Monday.I dont play unfortunately just there for the craic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

ill be there! tent and all.....i play but i'm leavin the weapon at home. I'm camping and don't want 1. the risk of it gettin damaged/stolen in the campsite and 2. i go to meet old buddies and get loaded!

Woop Woop Tullamore here i come. Just out of interest, did u manage to get a bnb/hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭roberteboot

Wouldnt have even looked for a hostel to be honest.Hopefully the weather will be alright.Its all about the camping.Ill be there stunning butterfly tent and all.
    The amount of people you bump into is unreal cant wait to have a few with people i havent seen in a bit.Savage laugh after the pubs shut having a few cans at the site.
    Were you up at Letterkenny the last couple of years?Amazing.Spent most of the time sitting in The Cottage pub but.Great spot.Year before last that is was in Australia last year so missed it.

well being from Donegal of course i was!!!! I was even living there at the time so how handy was that :D Floor of my sitting room was a carpet of people,sleepingbags and pillows but the craic was had. This will be my first time camping at a fleadh and hopefully itl be good! *mental note: must buy wellies!*

If its raining like it is now it might be a bit of a nightmare.In the most hilarious way possible.When are you heading down?Were down Thursday morning campsite opens at twelve straight up with the tent and off to the pub.Ive never been to Tullamore before though so ive no idea where to head.Have to be a bit of a crawl about.

We're thinking Friday but we wont be leavin Tir Conaill till maybe 6 :( due to some of my friends still working but sur hey, if i'm not driving, they drinking starts as soon as i belt up in the car :)

I still havent got my tent tho, so that'll hafta be sorted next week, along with the double air-matress, pump and wellies! As for coming home...if i'm not driving i can skip the lift on the way home and leave tuesday, one of me mates has to go home sunday evenin for work monday (i'm sooooooo not doin that) so i'll see what happens. Ul spot my tent a mile away, i'll have the donegal/celtic/irish flag on it :D:D

• Advertisement

Sunday'll be the big day i reckon.Besides all the other big days that is.Theres a pile of my mates from Antrim coming down that i lived with in Australia so im looking forward to that.Plus the Dubs game and the musicians out on the piss once the competitions are over.I left on the Sunday last time and i was raging.Its hard to beat Sunday drinking.The year before last we had the Tyrone Dublin semi on the Saturday there was fantastic banter.
    My tent ACTUALLY has butterflies on it.Its truly stunning.I may need to manly it up a little though.Possibly put some shelves up.Ill keep an eye out for the flags.

it has butterflies on it? ha ha ha ha ha ha gas! yeah, sunday is always the best when u know u don't hafta go to work the next day or rush back home!

u could look out for flags or the biggest tent in the campsite with drunken fools hanging around it!

oh i'm getting excited now!

ohhhhh noooooo!

I might not make it now. I've got a stupid swelling on the side of my face/jaw which is prohibiting me from eating, talking, brushin my teeth...all the normal things a person takes for granted. And i think camping it might not help matters...plus, antibiotics makes for a cheap night out I know but it's not worth the feeling like death for days after......

I'll post again to let ya no if i'm still goin

I think this Fleadh might be cursed.The amount of people that cant go through injuries or championship games is unreal.I guess ill just have to suck it up and drink enough for everyone.Im a real hero.

Well how was it?????

What were the bands on the gig rig like? The street filming/sessions etc....? campsite? im dying to know

• Advertisement
Advertisement