Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quit the smokes by using saunas and swimming - faster and less stress

Options
  • 14-08-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭

Saunas will quickly sweat the Nico out of your system
    Swimming will chill you out and help you sleep.

Giving up smoking is a lot easier than you have been led to believe!

Smoking manufacturers are taking the piss out of you aided by marketing people etc.
    Cures are not necessary – you can do it yourself.

Imagine someone used to pump petrol into a very large car and it used to be at your expense!

Take control of you life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And your basis for this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I reckon he's correct on the sauna. Cleans out a lot of gunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

Saunas - may also speed up the detox, which is about 7 days for nicotine Ive heard.
    After that the drug addiction is over - its the habit that has to be broken is all.

Going to a gym Sauna may also reintroduces you back to an exercise atmosphere. Exercise increases endorphins and you will start to feel better. Swimming is a great relaxing safe way to start stretching those mussels again.

As you swim a little more each time you get fitter, a healthy appetite returns and you will automatically crave healthy food. (never feel like a burger after a swim!)

This has worked for me and several friends.
    Swimming and saunas make you feel great and are a path to a better life.

Dublin – Markovich on Townsend St (casual swim/sauna no membership required )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

worded wrote:
    Swimming is a great relaxing safe way to start stretching those mussels again.
    When did you first notice this urge to torture shellfish? ;)

I'm with you all the way on the swimming and saunas, they're a life-saver for an old fart like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Don't know about the saunas, but I agree exercise is hugely helpful in quitting cigarettes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement