Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat panel monitor + laptop

Options
  • 14-08-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi lads i was given a nice 15" flat panel monitor today by a mate who was not using it so took it off his hands...thing is i allready have a laptop but would it be possible to use the flat panel instead of my laptop screen,basically just wanna c what the flat panel is like...anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yep, your laptop should have a monitor output port so just connect the monitor to that. Most laptops require you to switch the output to that port, usually using a function key combination. So for example on my IBM laptop I press Fn + F7 and it will switch the video output from the laptop screen to the external display.

Moving ot laptop forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

how would i find out what the combo would be for mine? have it hooked up but just says "no input signal" and then goes into sleep mode...this should be easy...

Make and model of laptop?

fujitsu siemens AMILO L7300

Try Fn+F11

Edit: Actually Manual (http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/support/manuals.html) says Fn+F3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Turn off the laptop, connect the flat panel, switch on the flat panel, switch on the laptop. That might do it.

Otherwise Google the make/model for instructions.

cool F3 + Fn worked,u de man,would it be possible to get the same on both laptop and monitor?

got it sweet, thanks irlrobins....dead handy

According to the manual it will if your laptap has a TFT screen. Have a read thru the manual to get any additional info.

Advertisement