Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with Chorus' service?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I have a rant about Chorus here in Limerick, i've been signed up to their Chorus digital service for the last twleve months, and apart from some freezing at the beginning, the service was fine, that was until last month, basically my service has stopped three times over the last month, each time being down for a couple of days. I did of course ring the helpful 1890 number but there's only so much orchestral music you can take waiting for whoever they have working there to get back from their break.

At this stage i have a bill at home waiting to be paid and i feel like returning it to them refusing to pay unless the service improves etc...

Has anyone else had this or similar problems with this provider?

Has anyone got some constructive advice to help me out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

You signed a contract unless they've broken the terms your screwed! If their giving poor service write a letter and complain if it persists, stop paying & write another letter referencing the original & your canceling of servicel!

I signed up with them last month for cable/internet = basic tv & 1mb connection with a 2GB monthly limit(pathetic) @ 6.99 for 6 months & 35.99 thereafter!

Now the problem, checked my banking online last friday week & they'd taken 80e out of my account :mad:, rang them up and asked whats it about. They said they hadn't taken anything out and that direct debit was setup for my account yet!

Rang the 24hr banking, they said it was definitely Chorus! Rang chorus repeated same as above. Now i've to go to my branch & get a direct debit receipt to send to them to prove to them they took money from my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi folks, I'm going to move this to Consumer Issues - those guys know their stuff, and its probably more suited to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53752748&postcount=6

their cable service is reliable but with only 15 channels at the same price is a rip off, but then again it doens't require an extra box per TV :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah I have chorus digital on cable for the last 12 months and I have had no problems with it . There was a couple of days when it was down in the morning while they were upgrading the service around the town but when I phoned I was answered almost straight away and told there and then when it would be back .
    About a month ago it went down and when I phoned the girl said they would send an engineer out . A few hours later it came back but wasn't great so I phoned back , the girl said they would get back to me and about 15 minutes later the engineer himself phoned me ( turns out some builder in a jeep had run into the big green box and the end of my estate and left it in bits , they patched it up that evening as best they could and were coming back in the morning when they had a new box ).

I have about 50 channels , it cost €32 a month , and I have all the basic channels in any room I want with no extra box . So , yeah , I am happy with Chorus .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I live near Limerick John, and I have the exact same problem as you, so I understand fully. Hence we stopped paying the bill (owe €170 at this stage, it will be paid, but slowly and begrudingly).

The service for the amount of money being paid is crap.

One thing about my circumstance though, I never signed a contract with them. They sent out the papers, but I never signed them as I was wary about Chorus and wanted to see what "I got" before signing it.

So, now we are trying to get Sky (having problems with that too, see "Limerick City" forum).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i have the tv and 6mb net service.. had a few problems but nothing as bad as eircom or irish broadband.. but i must say the customer service from chorus is terrible.. 20 to 25 mins at least listening to elevator music.. so what i do now is ring the sales line as they always answer.. then ask to get put through to cust service.. this usually works as it come in on a different line and takes priority..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

hi to the op what part of limerick do u live in?

im in dooradoyle and am with them for last 5 years for tv and last year for bb. the tv quality has always been good.

There was massive problems with the bb at the start but that has been sorted out. Was on the 3mb but have downgraded to the 2mb cause i dont use it that much.

Advertisement