Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Maynooth to Ashtown

Options
  • 14-08-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Have an interview in Ashton House, River Rd, Castleknock, Dublin 15 if anyone knows the best and fastest way of getting there? Is there a back road route? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

The train goes straight from Maynooth to Ashtown. Still job-hunting MayMay? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Do you know if the train station is near Ashton house Fletch? Think I'll need my car anyway though. Yep still job hunting. Have something part time at the moment but looking for full time so have an interview at this place next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

MayMay wrote:
    Do you know if the train station is near Ashton house Fletch? Think I'll need my car anyway though. Yep still job hunting. Have something part time at the moment but looking for full time so have an interview at this place next week.

The river road is about 2 miles long, very narrow, with no where to stop and chechk house names etc. I'd advise you ring them and get directions (and then maybe get the train!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

MayMay wrote:
    Have an interview in Ashton House, River Rd, Castleknock, Dublin 15 if anyone knows the best and fastest way of getting there? Is there a back road route? Thanks.

Hang on - is it Ashtown or Ashton House, Castleknock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Go the same way as you did to damastown but take a right on to the dual carriageway twords dublin instead. Is Ashton house the tax building opposite the halfway house? if so then head straight in towards dublin then left at the halfway house roundabout. If its not then still take the left and that will bring you down onto river road or take a right at the auburn ave rounderbout and then the first right and thats river road. The train station is close to the dublin end of that road so its walkable if your place of work is that end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AFAIK Ashton House is marked on OS maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Isn't Ashton House, the place that was once considered for the residency of the President of Ireland, before the vice regal lodge was chosen?

Train is the convenient bet.

I think Ashton House is here Am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fletch wrote:
    I think Ashton House is here Am I correct?

If you mean the big office block on the corner, I think that is Ashtowngate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Victor wrote:
    If you mean the big office block on the corner, I think that is Ashtowngate.

And anyway isn't on the River Road, as the OP's destination is;)

• Advertisement

Well MayMay did you find your way?

Advertisement