Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop power supply abroad

Options
  • 14-08-2007 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am travelling to germany next month and I am bringing my laptop away with me. I need to be able to charge it over there and was wondering can I just get a simple connector to change the plug type or will I need a connector that will chage the voltage.

Any help would be great. Dont want the wrong voltage going into the laptop obviously. I have a dell inspiron 6400.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Laptop power supplies switch voltage. It would defeat the purpose of having a portable computer if you had to carry voltage converters for every country around with you :D

All you need is something to change the plug, which are about €2 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I travel to poland a lot and it always works fine with your basic plug adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Laptop power supplies switch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Cheers all

Advertisement