Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "Current Good Deals" Sticky?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Over the past while, a common theme, or at least a common recommendation, appears to be prevalent in most threads.

What I am proposing is to create a one-stop sticky that lists a current good deals, such as the Dell Vostro, or the Aldi/Lidl laptop (not that I personally think the latter are that good value). We can obviously keep this thread updated as deals change.

What say you?

Should we create a "Current Good Deals" Sticky? 31 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    87%
    SickBoyTom DunneStokolanopusdavegYellow DogjustsomeblokePlaceboDarwinCyrusquad_redTony HKingkongmik_da_manmukkidingdingThomas_S_HuntersonethernetJonathandulpit 27 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    12%
    Soundmankaizersozech7505368k2q1gfcz9s5d4 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

No
    Yea why not, I'll be in the market for a laptop in the near future so it'll come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Atari Jaguar
    Voted no.

Thats what bargain alerts is for. All you'd be doing is duplicating the posts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No
    kaizersoze wrote:
    Thats what bargain alerts is for. All you'd be doing is duplicating the posts there.

Ah, but what about the level of duplication in the laptop recommendation threads? I find a lot of people are recommending the Vostro these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

No
    Voted yes, these bargains will be specifically for laptops and related deals. Think it will be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No
    Makes sense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Atari Jaguar
    tom dunne wrote:
    Ah, but what about the level of duplication in the laptop recommendation threads? I find a lot of people are recommending the Vostro these days.
    True. But having a bargains sticky won't stop the duplication.
    You'll still get the 'I need a laptop to do X, Y, Z' threads.

Even with the current crop of stickies, people are still starting new threads like 'where can I get my laptop fixed?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Atari Jaguar
    Voted no.

Alerts works just fine for me.

Unless we are going to fix things until its broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

No
    Might be better to split bargain alert into requests for bargains i.e. anyone know where I can get a cheap ??? amd actual bargains. i.e. there is a cheap ? here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No
    Voted Yep - I think it's a good idea :D

Advertisement