Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok who can write tickets for what ?

Options
  • 14-08-2007 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Read an interesting article in the local rag last night. Since pay parking/wardens were instigated in Celbridge/Liexlip they have issued something like 1000 tks. Now thats interesting but what caught my eye was

They have issued a few 1 or 2 tkts for no NCT
    They have also issued 2-3 tkts for no tax

a) Can private companies ( this is ParkRite ) issue tkts for that ?
    b) If they can , then why the low numbers ? I tell you why , if I walk through a car park and look ( which is a bit sad I know ) I notice about 15% of cars don't have a valid NCT , and about 10% have expired tax . Virtually all have up-todate insurance which is good I suppose.

The lack of NCT / Tax things annoy me because if you don't have an NCT , is your insurance valid , I would guess not because your car is officially un-roadworthy. And the tax , I pay it , so why shouldn't everyone else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

a) Can private companies ( this is ParkRite ) issue tkts for that ?
    The company is merely doing the paperwork on the council's behalf and I imagine the bye-laws are constructed to allow this.
    b) If they can , then why the low numbers ?
    I presum they are concentrating on parking offences and other offences aren't considered a high priority. That or they are ramping up the other offences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

My car is scheduled for it's NCT on the 3rd September, so that's out of date at the moment, since I have no NCT I can't renew my insurance til after this is done, as I have no insurance I can't tax the car til this is done. If some parking warden came along and found my car parked on the street outside my house and decided to write me a ticket I'd be fuming! I'm not driving it at the moment obviously until my insurance is sorted so I don't see why someone should be able to fine me in the meantime! Can they really do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Yes. Your car should not be on the public highway without tax or insurance.

The citation that is given in these situations is for not displaying valid tax/insurance/NCT which in itself is an offence even if you have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have to have insurance if it is on the street.

Why can't you get insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Victor wrote:
    You have to have insurance if it is on the street.

Why can't you get insurance?

Yeah what the hell? Insurance companies don't give a toss whether you have passed the NCT or not.

And i'm pretty sure you can still get motor tax if you're waiting on your NCT.

I seriously hope you aren't driving uninsured!

• Advertisement
Advertisement