Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] We call this a victory??

Options
  • 14-08-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

http://www.arho-eve.com/home/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=743

We decided to take the piss with this fight a send a gang of T1 fitted cruisers against a gang of battleships/battlecruisers

We managed to take a Scorpion down and his pod and the beautiful thing is we are all covered by insurance. lolz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

they got your pod as well and he was more than likely also covered by insurance ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So everyone was a winner. Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Well as long as you're having fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

:) ya but my pod didnt have any implants. and his T2 mod's would have cost a nice chuck.

Its all fun and games but we are so outnumbered in this war and the other war we have going at the same time. We do like a challenge. lol.

Got some good news today. Another corp is war decking the same corps as us so we can build up our numbers for these fights. a few more suicide runs are planned then we bring in the big guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He was set up for remote armor repping in the highs. That XT9000 isn't worth that much I think. I'm not sure of those T2 jammers are worth much either because the best named jammers are identical to them but have better fitting requirements and use way less cap. It's actually pointless to use T2 jammers, they hurt you in fact and I think it's bloody crappy that CCP still hasn't sort this out.

I assume no one lived to pick up the loot. Don't think those T2 SB's are massive in cost either.....

So assuming he was insured it shouldn't have been all that big a loss for him. Having said that tho that's not the point really. I'm sure you had a good laugh and that's the point init.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure of those T2 jammers are worth much either because the best named jammers are identical to them but have better fitting requirements and use way less cap. It's actually pointless to use T2 jammers, they hurt you in fact and I think it's bloody crappy that CCP still hasn't sort this out.

Most T2 stuff follows that basic rule - equal-ish to the best named T1, but harder to fit and less efficient so I dont reckon CCP will be making any changes to that.

Main advantage of T2 jammers is that its usually plentiful, and cheaper than the best named stuff. I always fit a cap booster for extended scraps/jamming sessions so T2 cap usage is not a huge concern - youll likely be primaried inside the first 10 seconds youve not got them all jammed anyway, so if cap becomes an issue youre doing great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Sand wrote:
    Most T2 stuff follows that basic rule - equal-ish to the best named T1, but harder to fit and less efficient so I dont reckon CCP will be making any changes to that.

Main advantage of T2 jammers is that its usually plentiful, and cheaper than the best named stuff. I always fit a cap booster for extended scraps/jamming sessions so T2 cap usage is not a huge concern - youll likely be primaried inside the first 10 seconds youve not got them all jammed anyway, so if cap becomes an issue youre doing great.

Yeah in any large fight you'll be ****ed if you dont get everything jammed, last night we had a RISE gang jump into us and they very kindly let their rook uncloak first. They also didnt have a scout, it was fun lemmings ftw :)

Be thankful - sounds like the best kind of enemy, they jump in for pew pew and you win:)

Worst kind of enemy on the other hand are the people who dec you, then realise "Oh crap, this dec may involve actual fighting - To station, cloaked safespots etc etc!" May have to resort to a hauler gang to get these mofos to engage:|

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nothing worse than having a system full of war targets who refuse to undock.....

Ya i know. This is our first war out of about the last 7 where we dont have to hang around for hours waiting for them to finally decide to come out and fight.

These guys are always up for a fight although they always wait till they have a decent size gang first but that does not take long. Within us getting sight of a few WT's you see alot start to login.

• Advertisement

Nothing worse than having a system full of war targets who refuse to undock.....

Its even worse when they decced you. If you dec them, fair enough - they should run and cower in anticipation of your wrath. If they decced you - WTF? Didnt anyone explain to them a war dec means we can shoot back?
    These guys are always up for a fight although they always wait till they have a decent size gang first but that does not take long. Within us getting sight of a few WT's you see alot start to login.

Sounds like a decent group of players tbh. Im always disgusted by those tales on EVE-O Crime and Punishment of Empire corps and alliances that collapse in the face of a half dozen PvPers, and Ive always welcomed war decs that weed out the thankfully few players who arent worth damn.

A few days old new player in a T1 frigate can have a decisive role in PvP if they want to - Griffin jamming or suicide tackling? Even bait FFS. When people wont risk even a T1 frigate to fight - what use are they to any corp? Only decent excuse Ive ever heard is pricy implants and no jump clone. We had a new player, only few days with us come out and help us take down an enemy gang this evening - his first PvP ever, barely knew how to use drones. Thats a guy worth investing some time in. Anything else is a waste of space.

K - Rant over:)

dammit. I logged off for the night and not too long later this happens.

http://www.arho-eve.com/home/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=788

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Just seen who you fighting, those guys are faggots. Rape them please. They constantly try to insult Curson Dax in his eve song parody thread saying he sucks just so they can look e-cool.

Ya we are getting the rape on now. We put up a campaign now on the KB. Thing are improving quickly.
    http://www.arho-eve.com/home/kb/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=6&view=recent_activity

Advertisement