Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Small Accountancy Firms?

• 13-08-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi there,

So I just got offerred a job with a small accountancy firm (between 10 and 20 staff) as a trainee,
    Does anyone know what these small firms are like to work for, and what I'll be doing from day to day.

any info/advice/past experience would be grateful as I gave to let them know soon

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Similar request here, I am in the same position, have a couple of offers from some smaller firms, not too sure should I go for them yet. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

Similar request here, I am in the same position, have a couple of offers from some smaller firms, not too sure should I go for them yet. Any advice?

sorry tonpony+the1andonly1,dont mean to change the direction of the topic but where did you find out about the jobs you were offered?

did you get interviewed after seeing an ad somewhere or did you contact them directly|?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Using recruitment agencies to be honest, from the big jobs websites, monster and irishjobs. I think the agencies only really recruit for smaller firms, the big ones seem to advertise themselves, I suppose they dont really have a problem getting people to apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonypony

Thanks for the info Baby4, very helpful

the icai website had a list of smaller firms wishing to recruit trainee accountants

http://www.icai.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement