Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs U.S.A

Options
  • 13-08-2007 12:47am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

26th of Aug: USA host Munster in their final WC warm-up match, im lucky enough to be going to this as im in Chicago atm where its on. Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of lineups to expect? especially concerning Munster. Its fair to assume no WC bound player will be near the States any time soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is this going to be on TV , either RTE or Setante? This would be great to watch!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Setanta have it as far as their tv ads here state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Probable Munster team?

Hurley, Fogerty, Buckley
    Ryan, MOD
    O'Sullivan, Foley, Ronan

O'Leary, Manning
    Mafi, Tipoki, Murphy, Earls?
    Warwick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

I've been trawling the TV networks, both satillite and terrestrial and can't find any sign of the Munster match being mentioned anywhere, any info anyone? Oops just noticed the date... I thought we were getting a chance to see some rugger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Whats everyones predictions for this? I'm not too well-informed on Munsters second-stringers, but I'd still assume they could comfortably beat the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

The USA or 'eagles' as they prefer have a good noted NZ coach in
    Peter Thorburn with lots of experiance including guiding the All Blacks to 1989 Hong Kong Sevens title, runner-up finishes in 1988 and 1990. Coached New Zealand "A" squad in 1992-93.

He won two NZ national titles and three runner-up showings coaching North Harbour from 1985-91. Helped rebuild senior team in 1997. Former coach at Bristol.

They also have a handy player in Mike Hercus, 28, fly-half: Nine tries and US record 361 points in 31 caps, made his US debut in June of 2002 against Scotland. Went to school in Sydney, Played for Leeds and Newport Gwent Dragons before returning home.

They have a lineup of 37 players which feature's 13 players born abroad, including three South Africans and four Tongans.

Having said all that though you have to fancy Munster... is it being shown on TV?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im fairly sure its on Setanta, it is over here anyway (The states). this most certainly should not be considerd a definite win for Munster though, without a single member of Irelands 30-man squad playing in the Eagles final warm up match. Should be very competitive though and i looking forward to seeing Tipoki in a Munster shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Go Munster.

Advertisement