Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Need advice on ACCA exams

• 11-08-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello, I am a new student of ACCA and I going to sit exams in this coming December. I got no exemptions from ACCA so I need to start from the first exam F1. But I hope to be fast qualified so want to sit as many exams as possible in this Dec. Is it possible to sit the 3 exams from the knowledge module plus a fourth one in the skill module? ( I know it would be really tough but I am just asking if ACCA allows students to do so.) Which exam from the skill module would you suggest to take besides the three knowledge module courses?

Another question is , is there any bookstore sales bpp textbooks in dublin? I hope get books from a store directly rather than book online because the postages are too high......

Could anyone help me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Femgem

Hi there,

You can do the first 3 and then 1 from the second section - however you don't have a choice which ones to do - you need to do them in order.

I would advise you not to do 4 together - the courses are incrediably long and the exams are very difficult. It is not like college or school, you need to cover every inch of the course and you get no hints. Unless of course you're not working but then you will be caught in a catch-22 situation because you need 3 years working expereince to qualify.

Your best bet is to do 2 at a time and do enough work to pass them. I count my study hours for each subject and do about 150 hours per exam - this does not include time in classes or reading extra material. These 150 hours are pure study hours sitting at my kitchen table preparing myself for any possible question.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zhuluo1921

Femgem wrote:
    Hi there,

You can do the first 3 and then 1 from the second section - however you don't have a choice which ones to do - you need to do them in order.

Thanks so much. I will take your advice..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello There,

Go to the BPP colege reception in 5 Lad Lane, Dublin 2 and they will sell you the required books etc that you need.

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

You say you got no exemptions, but do you have any experience (study or work) with accountancy before? By the way, if you don't mind using the other books, they're on sale in Hodges Figgis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 zhuluo1921

Chevy RV wrote:
    Hello There,

Go to the BPP colege reception in 5 Lad Lane, Dublin 2 and they will sell you the required books etc that you need.

Chevy RV

Thanks a lot :) I will go there this weekend ....

TO cailinoBAC:

I do not have any experience with accountancy....I learned math in college and I am a fresh graduate, so there will be a rough road ahead of me...:(
    I think I might use BPP textbooks but thank you for your suggestion any way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement