Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to Dublin Bus

Options
  • 10-08-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I was using a Dublin bus with a friend last night and had an unpleasant dealing with a driver.

Although I didn't think it would lead to anything, I sent Dublin Bus an email when I got home to complain about the incident.

They got back to me almost first thing this morning, and after talking to the manager of the relevant garage on the phone, I was told that my complaint was a serious one, the driver's behaviour was unacceptable and that he would like me to submit a written report so that he could take disciplinerary action against the driver.

Just wanted to say fair play to DB. I honestly thought my complaint would be ignored or excused away. Instead it was dealt with promptly and professionally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

On the Positive note
    I lost my mobile in Bus # 11 on my way from Ranelagh to Drumcondra. I lost hope but i called again. The lady bus driver returned my phone in depot next day i collected paying 3 euro fee. Its good to see their honesty.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Nice one by DB - maybe the customer DOES matter after all !!

Their attitude contrasts greatly to that of Bus Eireann - was in Dublin some months back and went for the 12:30 Night Rider bus from Busaras to Naas along with a couple of dozen other people. The bus never materialised and I ended up sharing a taxi to Naas with 3 other stranded souls (for not much more than the price of the bus as it turned out !)

One of the people queueing at Busaras that night either knew someone in Bue E. or worked for them, but he made some calls at 12:25 and assured the crowd that the Naas bus had indeed left Broadstone at 12:14 and would be with us shortly. When 12:50 arrived and no bus was to be seen, the plan B taxi scheme kicked into play - interestingly, there was not a sinner waiting for a bus at Wellington Quay so those of us in the taxi surmised that the bus from Broadstone had come straight down onto the quays, picked up the Wellington Quay customers and headed for Naas having totally ignored the supposed start point of the journey at Busaras !

I sent an email to Bus Eireann the following morning registering my complaint at the lack of the advertised service and how approx. 40 people were inconvenienced by the non-appearance of the scheduled bus. I received a reply to my email over 3 WEEKS later with a promise to look into it, but needless to say that was the start and end of the correspondance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

MySelf56 wrote:
    On the Positive note
    I lost my mobile in Bus # 11 on my way from Ranelagh to Drumcondra. I lost hope but i called again. The lady bus driver returned my phone in depot next day i collected paying 3 euro fee. Its good to see their honesty.
    :)
    €3 fee?? What was that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Reg_hurley wrote:
    €3 fee?? What was that for?
    Its the standard fee for picking up an item of lost property at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

jrar wrote:
    Nice one by DB - maybe the customer DOES matter after all !!

Their attitude contrasts greatly to that of Bus Eireann - was in Dublin some months back and went for the 12:30 Night Rider bus from Busaras to Naas along with a couple of dozen other people. The bus never materialised and I ended up sharing a taxi to Naas with 3 other stranded souls (for not much more than the price of the bus as it turned out !)

One of the people queueing at Busaras that night either knew someone in Bue E. or worked for them, but he made some calls at 12:25 and assured the crowd that the Naas bus had indeed left Broadstone at 12:14 and would be with us shortly. When 12:50 arrived and no bus was to be seen, the plan B taxi scheme kicked into play - interestingly, there was not a sinner waiting for a bus at Wellington Quay so those of us in the taxi surmised that the bus from Broadstone had come straight down onto the quays, picked up the Wellington Quay customers and headed for Naas having totally ignored the supposed start point of the journey at Busaras !

I sent an email to Bus Eireann the following morning registering my complaint at the lack of the advertised service and how approx. 40 people were inconvenienced by the non-appearance of the scheduled bus. I received a reply to my email over 3 WEEKS later with a promise to look into it, but needless to say that was the start and end of the correspondance !!

Snail mail is much more likely to get a proper response in these situations.

Did the person who phoned up not ring back after the bus was a no-show?

According to the website the 126N bus departs from Ha'penny Bridge not Busaras. I have no idea when this change was made. Considering that fact it is probable they had already changed it before the night you were there so the driver followed the timetable correctly without knowing that lots of people were at Busaras unaware of the change.

Why they have changed it is a mystery, all the other night buses still depart from Busaras. A change of this nature should be well publicised and this was apparently not, I wouldn't have known if I had not looked it up after reading your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

John R wrote:
    Snail mail is much more likely to get a proper response in these situations
    Agree. I always find that real letters get to the people that matter while e-mails go to the geeks at the IT section.

I wrote a very nice letter to Dublin Bus back in the early 1990s in relation to the non-appearance of a particular bus late at night. I was forced to get a taxi which cost £20 - (quite a lot of money at the time). Dublin Bus wrote back, apologised, and sent me a cheque for the taxi fare which I thought was unusual as I hadn't enclosed a receipt. It must be my great communication skills! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

John R wrote:
    Snail mail is much more likely to get a proper response in these situations.

I find emails to Dublin Bus are always answered, always helpful and usually followed up on. Only in one situation did I have to write one of those olde letter things. Fair play to them, better than Irish Rails attitude to email.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭patrickc

I had an isue with a bus eireann bus once, loose seating and window loose on it, i emailed bus eireann with the bus details etc, that day I got an email back apoligising for the condition of the bus, got another one along the same lines from the waterford bus depot manager and saw the same bus the next day with the window taped up on it!!

Advertisement