Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top scorer in the forthcomming premiership

Options
  • 10-08-2007 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

:D owen @12s is where il be putting my traditional tonne here. drogba is fav @ 5 to 1 but with the african nations after christmass its hard to back him. obviously owen has to stay injury free but if he does he will hit the 20/25 mark all day! other contenders are torres (me no think so 13 goals last year in la liga 6 of which were penos), berbotof(at 10 to one i cant see it as good value even though he is world class spurs roatation system will kurb his goal tally :mad: ),de silva(the gunners answere to henery just cant see it), rooney(9to1 would not back him @19 to 1 not a proflic leauge player)
    what do ye tink lads and ladettes?
    bf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Was thinking about this as well, and along the lines of will play regularly with a top club, and I was thinking Van Persie. But he wasn't the outsider I was expecting - top odds 14/1. Owen is just far too injury prone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

I wouldn't go near Owen at 12s. When he was at his prime with L'pool he never managed to hit 20 league goals in a season so i don't see how you can expect him to score 20-25 playing for Newcastle.

I'm backing a couple of outsiders e/w. Doyle at 66/1 and Johnson at 28/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

just think owen if he is injury free(big ask) he will score goals !doyle btw will find this season big ask dont think he will even get into double figures, johnson is a bit like owen if he stays injury free he might hit the back of the net a few times the only problem is arteta is evertons main penalty taker so that will shave of a few goals he used to get with palace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Owen is a crock, no way he'll stay injury free, and I reckon he might not even be Newcastle's top scorer which could be Martins. Rooney is going to have his best season ever if you listen to club insiders, he's firing on all cylinders and is certainly the best bet of the top bunch, you can get him at 10-1 at least.

Of the outsiders I think Dean Ashton at 33/1 might be some value, but I don't see much else really. Owen would be fairer at 20/1, and the odds I'm looking at here are skybet at which he is 16/1.

for the ****i5g 3rd time owen IF IF he stays in jury free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

LOL thats like saying Van De Sar would be good value @1000/1 IF IF he plays upfront :rolleyes:

How exactly do you evaluate good value as a matter of interest cos we must be missing something here :D

If a 3 legged horse had 4 legs he'd be a winner, but he doesn't and some people are good enough to tell you. You really are a bookmaker's wet dream Bustedflush. You know that roar of laughter you hear from the staff every time you enter a bookies? That's not a great joke you just missed everytime :D Stick it on as a double with Spurs to win the league and you'll be laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I got 16s on Van Persie at hacketts but i think I'll lash some money on Bianchi, an absolute poacher and with an italian speaking front two and manager he could settle quickly

hotspur wrote:
    . You really are a bookmaker's wet dream Bustedflush. You know that roar of laughter you hear from the staff every time you enter a bookies?.
    sorry mr hotspur i did not know you were john magner. im simply voicing an opinion dont be such a a55hole ! if anyone on here had any inside knowledge do you seriously think they would be giving out that information on here! i hope for my sake owen scores 30 premier league goals this season and your tip for rooney falls into the gutter! its only a bit of fun you biatcccch!

owen 19 to 1 on betfair today

• Advertisement

I see Spurs's title charge got off to a great start today! Maybe Owen will score today for you...oh wait he's injured. I am being a pr*ck, but only cause I didn't like:
    Meh, truce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

owen 19 to 1 on betfair today

34 now on betfair ....must be injured;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

FWIW, my 'value bets/longshots with a run' would be

Viduka 59/1 on betfair
    Anelka 65
    Shevchenko 19 (surely he is going to at least try and prove his reputation is justified)
    De Foe 170 ... He'll get a run soon, if he starts scoring and keeps his place, the goals will flow (or he loses his place.....you know what I mean:o ..... either way 170 is too good not to be a mug)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

anyone know what price dean ashton is he might be a bit of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Does anybody think ye are tying up your money for too long betting on a season result?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

homah_7ft wrote:
    Does anybody think ye are tying up your money for too long betting on a season result?

No, its fine if a) its only a small part of your available betting bank and you won't need the money in the interim
    b) the difference between the price you are taking and your idea of what the real price should be (in other words the value of the price) is greater than any amount you could earn with the money in a low risk investment (i.e., you can get ~5% in RABO over the next 9 months so you need to consider the price to be greater than 5% too big).*

Also if you want to trade the bet you can use Betfair.

* BustedFlush will explain this value concept to you.:D

redzerdrog wrote:
    anyone know what price dean ashton is he might be a bit of value.
    hotspur wrote:
    Of the outsiders I think Dean Ashton at 33/1 might be some value, but I don't see much else really.

I nearly fell off my chair when I turned on the computer to watch a bit of West Ham v Man City to see Ashton on the bench and Bobby bloody Zamora on the pitch.
    Old song about Bobby:
    (to the tune of "That's Amore")
    "When the ball hits your head
    and you're sat in row Z
    that's Zamora"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

hotspur wrote:
    Old song about Bobby:
    (to the tune of "That's Amore")
    "When the ball hits your head
    and you're sat in row Z
    that's Zamora"

Slighly ironically, apparently the Brighton fans used to sing "When the ball hits the goal, it's not Shearer or Cole, it's Zamora!"
    Maybe he thinks the WHU fans are still using the same words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Zamora

hotspur wrote:
    . Rooney is going to have his best season ever and I think Dean Ashton at 33/1 might be some value.

good one lad any other tips . rooney is now out till october and ashton did not even start! your on fire lad!

hotspur wrote:

Meh, truce.

oops did not see this . truce agreed!

• Advertisement

hotspur wrote:

Meh, truce.

hotspur wrote:

Meh, truce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i reckon anelka is a good bet. 28/1 few quid e/w, paddypower pays out to 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

just think owen if he is injury free(big ask) he will score goals !doyle btw will find this season big ask dont think he will even get into double figures, johnson is a bit like owen if he stays injury free he might hit the back of the net a few times the only problem is arteta is evertons main penalty taker so that will shave of a few goals he used to get with palace

If someone farts near owen he's out for six months...

I would risk a few quid on either martins, van persie or darren bent.
    Thats if Jol decides to play the 16 million pound man, he's always good for goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

owen is back according to sky sports news this morning, he came through a friendly in a 2 nil win (he did not score). he has been out for a long time but the man has always scored goals even when he was @madrid and was on the bench most of the time he got into double figures! i agree with hotspur that he should be value at 20/1 . he is 27 now and if he gets any more serious injurys he should forget it saying that if he stays fit and gets the supply that milner, dyre(if he stays),nzogbia,slanoa,barton,duff and martins can supply he will score a seroius amount of goals. strikers are born not made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Martins and Owen are far to similar players for them both to get enough game time to be big contenders in my opionion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Whatever about Owen surely Rooney has to be one of the most injury-prone players around these days? Can't believe I looked at 11/1 and thought it was a decent price (didn't back it, didn't back anything in this market).

I can't believe it takes a Jamie Redknapp column in the Daily Mail to point out that boots these days are **** and players keep getting injuries that they wouldn't have in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

I can't believe it takes a Jamie Redknapp column in the Daily Mail to point out that boots these days are **** and players keep getting injuries that they wouldn't have in the past.[/QUOTE]

never thought about this but there is something to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Robin_Blinds

my odds of doing a crap today are 1/2.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

my odds of doing a crap today are 1/2.:eek:

The odds of me banning you soon for more of this type of post is shortening, and is probably at about 7/4 at this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement