Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you purchased a Dell at less than stated price?

Options
  • 09-08-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Just wondered if anyone here has ever phoned / e-mailed Dell about one of their desktop offers and managed to get a discount off the price or alternatively some extras for the same price?

I'm sure I've read somewhere on boards.ie about this being done.

Anyone here ever done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

The Dell outlet site is where to go. You'll find higher spec machines here for pretty standard prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Try Dells Presto service. One of my friends tried them and the sales guy there gave him a very nice discount

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

And to answer your original question, no I've not phoned up and got a discount. In the past, if anything I've added to the price of what I was buying because of upselling.

Ordering on the phone is meant to be marginally more expensive than online....can't say I've noticed this.

When I buy again, it will be from the Outlet section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not really a Bargain Alert, bounce it back to me mods if not in the right place. Cheersh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pod

DarkJager wrote:
    Try Dells Presto service. One of my friends tried them and the sales guy there gave him a very nice discount
    I haven't heard of that before. What's the Presto service?

• Advertisement

www.dell.ie/presto

Its a Software troubleshooting department of Dell of which I've only heard good things about. They supposedly also sell machines.

DarkJager wrote:
    www.dell.ie/presto

Its a Software troubleshooting department of Dell of which I've only heard good things about. They supposedly also sell machines.
    Thanks, looks as if you have to be a subscriber to that service

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/presto_phone/pricing?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

No, read the site again. Fixes are charged at different rates. Sub is optional

DarkJager wrote:
    No, read the site again. Fixes are charged at different rates. Sub is optional
    Ah right, I think that makes it €29
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/presto_phone/howdoi?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

If I did get something off the price it probably wouldn't be much more than this amount anyhow. So may not really be worth it.

Advertisement