Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime Prevention - CCTV grant

Options
  • 09-08-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Last night a couple of cars were damaged in my block, when one of the victims rang the Guards, she was asked about cctv footage and she told the Guard that there was none.

The Guard then went on to tell her about a possible grant that our building might get towards a cctv system. Has anyone heard about anything like this?

Break ins and vandalism is a common problem and a cctv system would be great.

Cheers

Note. There is a plan to install one via the management company, but a grant towards the plan would help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've not heard of it.

There are grants available to the Garda and to Councils for town centre type CCTV schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

Hi there, I think you may be thinking of this... saw it before somewhere, but I don't know too much about it tbh.

http://www.pobal.ie/live/CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Interesting...
    Under Stage 1 of the Community-based CCTV Scheme, grants are awardable to provide financial assistance, up to a maximum of €5,000, to qualifying local organisations, towards meeting the pre-development costs of drawing up a Stage 2 proposal.

Grants under Stage 2 are designed to assist with the capital costs associated with the establishment of local community CCTV systems. The maximum grant awardable by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, under Stage 2 , in any circumstances, is €100,000. Within this limit, grants of up to 70% of the total capital costs of a system may be awarded.

The Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs will match any funding allocated by the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform to successful Stage 2 applications from RAPID areas, that are endorsed by the RAPID Area Implementation Team (AIT). The total grant aid from both Departments will not exceed €200,000 or 100% of the capital costs of the project, whichever is the lesser.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭markpb

Worth mentioning that, in almost all situations, private, managed estates will not qualify for this scheme. We tried and failed.

Advertisement