Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remortgage Maintenance

Options
  • 09-08-2007 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

i am remortgaging my house with a different lender contacted the maintenance company to get them to put on the new banks interest in the block insurance and they want to charge me 300 euros for it as far as I am aware all they have to do is contact the insurance company and give them the new interest name it seems ridiculous charging 300 quid for that any had similar issues with the maintenance companies with this ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I may be wrong, but I think with a new mortgage you have to go thru the whole process again afresh..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Eoghan25 wrote:
    i am remortgaging my house with a different lender contacted the maintenance company to get them to put on the new banks interest in the block insurance and they want to charge me 300 euros for it as far as I am aware all they have to do is contact the insurance company and give them the new interest name it seems ridiculous charging 300 quid for that any had similar issues with the maintenance companies with this ??

I've heard of this practice before, it only happens with certain management agents as far as I am aware. I've certainly never paid it.

Advertisement