Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Annual Depreciation Values

Options
  • 09-08-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Anyone know where I can view the annual depreciation figures of the different marques? Be handy when choosing a new car to be able to work out the residual values after say 3 or 5 years.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Anyone know where I can view the annual depreciation figures of the different marques? Be handy when choosing a new car to be able to work out the residual values after say 3 or 5 years.

Thanks!
    I'm afraid it's not a very exact science. Best thing is to have a look on say carzone and see what a 3-year-old model of the car you're considering might fetch. Bear in mind both model changes and the fact that that asking prices are not the same as sale prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

prospect wrote:

www.autofinder.ie gives the residual price after 3 years. TBH I don't know how accurate it is, but it's convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dealers have a small brown book that is issued to members of the trade every year with the annual "book" value of cars afaik but it is not available to the general public. Apparently if a dealer/trader made this book available to someone not in the trade they would be shot!

I know this is of no use to Irish prices but a company called Glass issue a similar guide book every year to the motoring trade in the UK. It is known as the dealer's bible and is available online http://www.glass.co.uk/uk/en/.

Why can't we have something similar like this here? :(

Advertisement