Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to Dublin Airport - Best route for work

Options
  • 09-08-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Not sure if in right forum, please help.

Does anybody know the best route for travelling daily from Naas / sallins to Dublin Airport , ites for work, dont want to go on M50 if possible.

Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

If you don't want to touch the M50, then you're looking at

Sallins
    Straffan
    Maynooth / M4
    Leixlip / Lucan
    Clonee
    Mulhuddart / Tyrellstown
    Back roads to airport

Said back roads are constantly being reconfigured as new corporate business parks and warehousing estates spring up so I'm sketchy on the piece from Clonee to the airport itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

A few times this year I had to get to airport for 7am - Sallins, maynooth, Dunboyne, Clonee, onto navan Road and M50, no problems for 7am. havent done any later times in the past 3 years, but used to go Clonee and left after Clonee Meats, right into Damastown, left on Church Rd, next right and left 'somewhere' up to near Dolly Heffernans and straight across very busy traffic light cross roads on N2 Finglas Road. This junction has been upgraded so I dont know what its like now. An alternative to this cross road is longer - stay on Church Road and straight up to Derry Road taking a right turn (can take a long time to get onto it or you can be lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Not sure if in right forum, please help.

Does anybody know the best route for travelling daily from Naas / sallins to Dublin Airport , ites for work, dont want to go on M50 if possible.

Thanks;)

the m50 northbound on any morning is usually fine, if im doing it i go up naas road, turn off at newcastle exit, head towards liffey valley and turn off onto M50 there near toll bridge..

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

the m50 northbound on any morning is usually fine, if im doing it i go up naas road, turn off at newcastle exit, head towards liffey valley and turn off onto M50 there near toll bridge..

I'll second that. If you need to be at the airport for 7AM I can see no reason not to take the M50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Taradusk

I make this trip on a regular basis. Try this route, it includes the M50, but its good. From Rathcoole, past City West flyover, turn left onto link road from Kingswood interchange (just before Green Isle). A straight run to Lucan Dual Carriageway to Woodies. Go the short distance to slip for M50. Turn left at Ballymun flyover onto Naul Rd, and turn right onto Old Airport Road. It takes about 40 mins from Rathcoole to Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

That sounds like a horrifying commute :(

Advertisement