Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to toulouse for leinster match

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

does anyone know the best way to get to Toulouse for the weekend of the Leinster match?

aerlingus fly directly but dont fly during the winter.is the only option flying to somewhere else with ryanair and getting a bus or the train?

or might there be direct flights put on for the match?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

dub-carcassone with ryanair

leaves you 1hr-2hrs away by driving according to websites I've read before.

never done it though. you could always fly to carcassone and get the train in to the heart of toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Leon11 wrote:
    dub-carcassone with ryanair

leaves you 1hr-2hrs away by driving according to websites I've read before.

never done it though. you could always fly to carcassone and get the train in to the heart of toulouse
    That's your best option if RyanAir or AerLingus don't organise charter flights to Toulouse-Blagnac.

When I fly to Carcassonne I usually rent a car with Hertz then drive up to Toulouse. It's cheap, easy (very well sign posted) and much handier than public transportation IMO. But you can definitely get a train up to Toulouse from Carcassonne! I just never did it so I can't really help you there... You'll probably have to get a taxi or a shuttle bus to the Carcassonne train station then a train to Toulouse. You'll then be right in the centre of the city. Then you have buses, taxis and even the metro so it should be easy enough! ;)

Enjoy the most beautiful city/region in France! (I'm a little bit biased there obvioulsy but I do mean it!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I'm flying to paris with a few mates and then the TGV down to Toulouse....worked out cheaper than Ryanairs prices to Carcassone !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm flying to paris with a few mates and then the TGV down to Toulouse....worked out cheaper than Ryanairs prices to Carcassone !
    Yeah but the hassle of death... I'd rather pay a little extra and fly nearly all the way there! And I don't like trains that much...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Leinster have requested that the k.o be revised for this game, so don't make any plans yet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement