Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i watch the World Cup?

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Im living over in America and i cant find any channels that are showing it. Any1 know where i can find a list of stations that will be broadcasting the matches? Ireland matches are a must. I really dont want to spend all day in a pub watching the matches but its increasingly looking like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

electric69 wrote:
    I really dont want to spend all day in a pub watching the matches but its increasingly looking like it.

I fail to see your problem :D

They be streamed on loads of sites so you can watch from home, but your other suggestion sounds much better.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Can you get Setanta Sports where you are in the US? Setanta Sports US is now available on "Dish Network" if that's any help... They'll be showing the 2007 RWC (see here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Setanta is probably your best bet, have to get it in meself.

Ruu wrote:
    Setanta is probably your best bet, have to get it in meself.
    I got it back in today funnily enough! Got a letter in the post telling me that if I re-subscribed it would be 9 EUR a month for the first 3 months instead of 18 EUR. And it's not a one-year minimum contract anymore! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

If you can wait a day to watch them, then you could use diwana to download them - assuming your connection lets you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Can't you get Setanta Sports on your pc/laptop now in the US? If so, that woule be your best bet.

Have a look at this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Can anyone confirm whether Setanta's coverage of the RWC in Ireland is being broadcast on Setanta Ireland (included in NTL) or Setanta 1/2 (subscription needed)?

A few people have told me that I'll need to take out an additional subscription on top of NTL to see the RWC games on Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

For bars in europe that have setanta you can check this, may have been updated since then though
    http://www.europeanirish.com/Sport/watchSetanta.htm#2006
    There's one in berlin thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

I also believe ITV and S4C will show all the matches live. You can manually tune SKY to receive them. That way you don't have to sign up to Setanta...

• Advertisement
Advertisement