Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All right guys: Who's responsible?

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Okay, not pointing any fingers here.....but it does bear all the hallmarks of a BGRH strike team operation.:D

Thieves steal 15,000 pints of ale

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ale is piss although bass and smithwicks are very nice and nice respectively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

The beer was in 18-gallon barrels which brewing industry experts believe will be melted down and sold for scrap.

Not really the Strike Team's style - Sounds more like the work of pikeys. Lets do some maths here. 8 pints in a gallon. Casks hold 18 gallons = 18 x 8 = 144 pints. 15,000 pints stolen. 15000 / 144 = 104 (roughly) casks. Value of casks as scrap = 104 x 30 = 3120.

Considering all the time and effort involved in the above (I'd say even the maths might be a bit hard for them) would they not be better off stealing a car??
    The lorry, which was due to transport the real ale to London for the Great British Beer Festival, was stolen in the early hours of 4 August.

Replacement beers were found and sent to the festival.

All's well that ends well

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

15,000 pints? Pffft, the BGRH don't get out of bed for less than 50,000.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zaph wrote:
    15,000 pints? Pffft, the BGRH don't get out of bed for less than 50,000.

Even then we don't get out of bed, we get the wimmen to bring it to us along with our breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

ale is piss although bass and smithwicks are very nice and nice respectively
    Brother admiral, you misunderstand. The stolen ale was Real ale and is likely to have been very drinkable stuff making Baas and Smithwicks seem like p1ss. You can't beat a good real ale!

I am a real ale fan although I swear I have an alibi for this...

/makes a few phone calls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

r3nu4l wrote:
    Brother admiral, you misunderstand. The stolen ale was Real ale and is likely to have been very drinkable stuff making Baas and Smithwicks seem like p1ss. You can't beat a good real ale!

I am a real ale fan although I swear I have an alibi for this...

/makes a few phone calls!

Indeed ! Wouldn't touch the $hite you get here, but I have partaken of nukie brown and it's not bad

Advertisement